Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

holden or ford

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
My experience...
My mate has a ba xr6 non turbo, it drinks more than the vs, the interior looks nicer in the ba until you look close and touch it and it feels **** compared even to my vs, the ford engine is noisier, not talking about exhaust either, coils are starting to let go and it's got a fair few kms on it now. The gearbox is fine until you make more power. Brakes are quite good....

Just choose the one that you prefer. They're about the same.

I'd still go the ls1 Kingswood idea though

ivabiggen

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz Executive
I have been looking for this thread under the general section but was moved here and I finally found it (first time on this forum)

First of all, I never wrote off my vr, if you must know a van smashed into my ass at a set of lights, was not my fault, for the person who asked "why Holden OR Ford why not both?" it would of been nice of you to read my post first..

Thanks everyone else for your replies, I'm still stuffed in which one to choose :S
enough bullshit boys, the man needs a Skoda Yeti.

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
The skodas have come a long way from their eastern European heritage. They're just the old vw technology.

ivabiggen

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz Executive
i would buy a Skoda wagon tomorrow if i had the funds.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.

Killr6

tutut
Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR6T
In a BA Falcon? Ba ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

i drive a BA xr6t with a brake upgrade, but before that my brakes were fine..

to the OP dont come on a holden forum asking what would better a xr6t or a ss, because of course your going to get everyone saying an ss,
but go onto the ford forums and watch the ss get nothing but bad reviews, just like the xr6t is here. its pretty straight forward mate.

you should take both cars for a test drive and see which one you like the most, dont listen to people on the forums, on this subject.

and just for future reference and because i like to stir crap the XR6T will put most of the LS1 boys to shame.

Last edited:

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
i drive a BA xr6t with a brake upgrade, but before that my brakes were fine..

to the OP dont come on a holden forum asking what would better a xr6t or a ss, because of course your going to get everyone saying an ss,
but go onto the ford forums and watch the ss get nothing but bad reviews, just like the xr6t is here. its pretty straight forward mate.

you should take both cars for a test drive and see which one you like the most, dont listen to people on the forums, on this subject.

and just for future reference and because i like to stir crap the XR6T will put most of the LS1 boys to shame.

I'm talking from experiences that my mate had with his BA wagon and BA Ghia, both had massive brake shudder. And his defiantly not alone with that issue.