Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2010 VE SV6 SIDI Performance upgrades

blerimr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore sv6
Hey guys i was just after some possible performance upgrades for the sv6?
anything that can get me some KW

and please no one be a moron and tell me to buy a 8, if i wanted one i'd buy one. after building something unique.

Aussie Willy

Coal Miner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline 2012
####ing supercharger or a turbo FFS, how else you gonna piss like a man you ####ing drongo ;)

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe

and please no one be a moron and tell me to buy a 8, if i wanted one i'd buy one. after building something unique.

want to be unique? drop in a 20b quad rotor or something silly. every man and his dog wants a "unique" v6 because its not an 8, its getting as long in the tooth as people telling v6 owners to buy a v8

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
after building something unique.

I dont get this line that is dragged out time and time again by, usually V6 owners. Is spending thousands more trying to choke a few more KW out of the 6 (which PLENTY of people have done, so it isnt all that unique) really worth the effort?

I suppose you could turn it into a V6 helicopter...that would be unique.......

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Just to confirm, you own one of the most common cars on the road but don't want "morons" telling you to get an 8 because you are planning on building something unique?

Bit of an oxymoron.

And if you are actaully planning on building something unique, then I'm not sure an alloytec block would be the best starting point, given you would be building an engine that would be boosted if you are chasing good numbers.

If you want N/A, then look up the CRP6 ute, that has a load of go. But given you are after something unique, you've need to go one up on it and given that they are probably the last word in getting the most out of the alloytec engines, you'll need to boost.

Good luck

blerimr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore sv6
a lot of people may have the car but by doing it up and making it stand out is what will make it unique not how quick it can go. i was after suggestions not advice. ill be like everyone else and have a v8 gee i bet im cool now. more people have done up v8s then 6s and im NOT after the fastest thing on the road just some little extra power. bunch of morons.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
a lot of people may have the car but by doing it up and making it stand out is what will make it unique not how quick it can go. i was after suggestions not advice. ill be like everyone else and have a v8 gee i bet im cool now. more people have done up v8s then 6s and im NOT after the fastest thing on the road just some little extra power. bunch of morons.

So just to clarify, you DON'T want a V6 Helicopter?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe

quality post there lad.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
I love you

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L

That statement suggests you are chasing suggestions to chase out every possible kw. Now we are discovering you only want a few more because all the other, non-performance stuff you will be doing is what will make your car unique. Shifting the goal posts much?

If you want a few extra Kw, you can go what every other sv6 owner wanting a few more kw has done, exhaust, intake, manifold spacers, tune. If you want some more, CRP6 manifold, cams, and tune. But all this isn't unique so I'm not sure if it fits your criteria?

Also, call people moron's some more, i dare ya.