Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Religious experiment

GKW

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV & 1999 VT SS SII
I'd be interesting to see what the world would believe as fact, and what the history books would say if the Germans had won. Really it's a similar question to above.

Reaper

Watch Fatherland........

Last edited by a moderator:

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
This question kinda reminds me of the language experiments done by Frederick II, Holy Roman Emperor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and if all the kids got was language the results would likely be the same. We're not made to live without all the trappings, of being human, that living in a culture provides. I don't know who they would blame for the wretchedness of such a deprived existence, but I don't think they'll come up with YHWY and Jesus..

quote from link:
In the Language deprivation experiment young infants were raised without human interaction in an attempt to determine if there was a natural language that they might demonstrate once their voices matured. It is claimed he was seeking to discover what language would have been imparted unto Adam and Eve by God. In his Chronicles Salimbene wrote that Frederick bade "foster-mothers and nurses to suckle and bathe and wash the children, but in no ways to prattle or speak with them; for he would have learnt whether they would speak the Hebrew language (which had been the first), or Greek, or Latin, or Arabic, or perchance the tongue of their parents of whom they had been born. But he laboured in vain, for the children could not live without clappings of the hands, and gestures, and gladness of countenance, and blandishments."

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
The outcome? 1000 ####ed up 18 yo's with no idea how the world works, or anything for that matter.

So, 1000 more Labor voters.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Technological advances and methods have now ways of proving things that weren't possible in the past. just because science hasnt found a way to prove or disprove it yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Be it God, cancer, atoms..

minds eye, sixth sense, that feeling like ur being watched or someone is near by but noone is around, there are things that cannot be explained but to those that have felt it, they know. Regardless if they are believed by those around.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Technological advances and methods have now ways of proving things that weren't possible in the past. just because science hasnt found a way to prove or disprove it yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Be it God, cancer, atoms..

minds eye, sixth sense, that feeling like ur being watched or someone is near by but noone is around, there are things that cannot be explained but to those that have felt it, they know. Regardless if they are believed by those around.

Do do do do... They should have kept X-Files going until we knew the truth that was "out there!" Umm, there's only one of your examples that science will never find, the others however are things we, as a species, work with every day.

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I think a major thing that needs to be noted that the existance of a greater force, being, etc and religious are 2 very different subjects.

Yes, there may be something out there that exists beyond our understanding of existance, etc whatever.

But, all religious is full of ****. It's made up bullshit and most of it's claims are disproved. All that religion has done is causes conflict and divided humans for centuries.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
I think a major thing that needs to be noted that the existance of a greater force, being, etc and religious are 2 very different subjects.

Yes, there may be something out there that exists beyond our understanding of existance, etc whatever.

But, all religious is full of ****. It's made up bullshit and most of it's claims are disproved. All that religion has done is causes conflict and divided humans for centuries.

Much like, haven't had a car analogy yet, a crankshaft and an engine are two different things? Not much point of one without the other kinda things..

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Nope, completely different. Terrible analogy actually.

In the case of an engine, a crankshaft wouldn't exist without an engine and an engine won't work without a crankshaft.

Religion and a "god" being can exist, or not exist, completely independently.

For example, a god can exist without humans being aware of it. And at the dame time religion can exist without a god actually existing. People make stuff up all the time for their own gain.

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Nope, completely different. Terrible analogy actually.

In the case of an engine, a crankshaft wouldn't exist without an engine and an engine won't work without a crankshaft.

Religion and a "god" being can exist, or not exist, completely independently.

For example, a god can exist without humans being aware of it. And at the dame time religion can exist without a god actually existing. People make stuff up all the time for their own gain.

A crankshaft can be used in more than engines. It's a mechanical device to transform force, camshafts work on the same principle. Windmills for eg. I know what you're saying but without god you don't have religion unless you deify something, how can religion exist? Just as what point a god if you don't have to worship it and invent a way to do so? They don't exist on their own, there's no reason to. A crankshaft transforms force, that force requires a crankshaft to do what is needed from it, we need a job done and use them, like we do god and religion..

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
383 HSV GTO coupe & vk ls1 turbo
I know what you're saying but without god you don't have religion unless you deify something, how can religion exist? Just as what point a god if you don't have to worship it and invent a way to do so?

Scientology has no god. They believe you are your own god.