Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whats the deal with ##############?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
5 points aren't hard to get, I think I had a week in the dog box for that one. Got mine in one hit too but the other guy is now banned permanently so I don't feel so bad.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Some infractions don't expire. When you reach 5 infractions points it triggers an automatic ban for a day or so. Each time the auto ban increases. Of course we can generate a ban anytime we feel it appropriate from an hour to a permanent one.

If you check your infraction tab in your profile and see you have 3 points that never expire you need to realise the next infraction could see you banned for a short period.

Clair

I agree that some form of penalty notice needs to apply for any open forum such as this, to enable controls to be exercised and limit the loonies. I do have an issue with the fact that infractions are "never" removed, though. That seems unreasonable if a long term elapses since the first, or most recent infraction, and the member is not a chronic offender. Some members have been on this forum since its inception (not me, others have been in far longer). I know it's a forum rule, and perhaps this is not the appropriate thread for discussion, but has consideration been given at any time to erase infractions after a certain period, provided the member has not repeatedly offended?

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Clair

I agree that some form of penalty notice needs to apply for any open forum such as this, to enable controls to be exercised and limit the loonies. I do have an issue with the fact that infractions are "never" removed, though.

Its only certain infractions. The ones deemed more serious. Basic ones do expire.

Moderator abuse, illegal behavior, second warnings for things etc.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
Clair

I agree that some form of penalty notice needs to apply for any open forum such as this, to enable controls to be exercised and limit the loonies. I do have an issue with the fact that infractions are "never" removed, though. That seems unreasonable if a long term elapses since the first, or most recent infraction, and the member is not a chronic offender. Some members have been on this forum since its inception (not me, others have been in far longer). I know it's a forum rule, and perhaps this is not the appropriate thread for discussion, but has consideration been given at any time to erase infractions after a certain period, provided the member has not repeatedly offended?

as gren said, some expire, some don't. you'll notice on yours they both have "expires" set to "never". lesser infractions generally have a 1 month expiry.

5 active points is a day ban, 10 points is a week, 15 is permanent.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Did some one say infractions? I have 8 points that will never expire and have been banned what 3 or more times. Those were the days. I think every mod has had a go at me.

Sohardcore.jpg

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I haven't had a turn!! I feel left out :(

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
Neither have I.

But I dont give many infractions, most of the time I either get beaten to it or see "member abuse", read the post and think no, you brought that on yourself, tough ****.

You approved one that still counts :p