Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Runs like crap after filling fuel.

shanen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Exec Wagon MY06
I dont fill my 2005 VZ SV6 Sedan with anything but BP Ultimate or on a shortpay week.. the next one down.. BP is seriously the best for our cars.

Gee I thought I was being flash getting the 95 stuff.
I will give it a go. Cheers

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
As above, in future stay away from any of those nasty supermarket chain petrol stations. Just for the record though unless your car is tuned for it you won't see any real additional benefits from using 98ron as its been suggested, plus ultimate is quite a bit more expensive per litre.

SID888

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX1 5.7L Berlina Wagon A4
A few possible causes for P2178 and P2180, High fuel pressure, Leaking fuel injector or pressure regulator, Failed MAF.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
In NZ there is a supermarket chain called Pac and Save , who also sell fuel at self serve stations at the stores , I wouldn't run my lawn mower on their fuel .

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
Check the fuel filter again maybe? As posted earlier the tank may be full of trash.
Did you fit the new filter the correct way around so the fuel flows through it the right way?

rucxy

Electrified Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SSV L98
In NZ there is a supermarket chain called Pac and Save , who also sell fuel at self serve stations at the stores , I wouldn't run my lawn mower on their fuel .

I 2nd that, made the mistake of filling my old vt2 berlina there once. Made it run like a bag of hairy ar$eholes for a week, never again.
I also avoid Gull servos as well, their fuel is not much better.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

pbax

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
Anyone know who supplies the Matilda stations with fuel? Is it ****? Also what is the United fuel like.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I 2nd that, made the mistake of filling my old vt2 berlina there once. Made it run like a bag of hairy ar$eholes for a week, never again.
I also avoid Gull servos as well, their fuel is not much better.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I was unaware that Gull was bad as well , I had always meant to try them out . Guess not now .
Only tip for filling up , go to a high volume staton , that is one with a high turn over of cars . Low volume stations fuel stays in the tanks too long and can get contaminated .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: