Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Comprehensive Road Test Just for a Map Update?

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
OK my maps have finally been updated. I know this as the version number has changed on my radio software version (3rd from the bottom) and also the Gyrocal and Odocal were on 60% & 67% respectfully. Now my Gyrocal after driving a few kilometres has increased to 72% ..

I order to view this calibration information (yours should be 100%) is by holding down the "Dest" button underneath the screen for 1 second and then hold it for 10 seconds and the calibration screen will appear.. Yes I have taken a video of all this so you can see, my Service Manager Steve wasn't doing it correctly and was pressing the on-screen "Dest" icon instead of the actual console button on the left of my controls..

My previous radio version photo is attached , this shows the radio version has changed (increased)

[youtube]scrIZaitizc[/youtube]

How to bring up this calibration screen is at 5:42

My Gyrocal setting increased to 64% just during short drive

So I will do the "road test" and the maps will learn as a drive. I have a full tank of fuel too..

Attachments

• 20160329_223001.jpg
    20160329_223001.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:

vk2him

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Cool - a new hidden screen! Would be interested to know about any map changes, also how much they plan to charge for this ..

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
OK my maps have finally been updated. I know this as the version number has changed on my radio software version (3rd from the bottom) and also the Gyrocal and Odocal were on 60% & 67% respectfully. Now my Gyrocal after driving a few kilometres has increased to 72% ..

I order to view this calibration information (yours should be 100%) is by holding down the "Dest" button underneath the screen for 1 second and then hold it for 10 seconds and the calibration screen will appear.. Yes I have taken a video of all this so you can see, my Service Manager Steve wasn't doing it correctly and was pressing the on-screen "Dest" icon instead of the actual console button on the left of my controls..

My previous radio version photo is attached , this shows the radio version has changed (increased)

My April-built VF II Redline already has that latest number (just to clarify). So unfortunately it's not that up-to-date.

20160712_220802_zps8vt8wpwz.jpg

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
My April-built VF II Redline already has that latest number (just to clarify). So unfortunately it's not that up-to-date.

Then why are they telling me it is a engineering sample and not released to the public? You saw my video? He said I was the first to have it installed .. so maybe recent production models of VF2 already have the latest off the assembly line.

So if you already have it, why can't this be made available to all VF owners? It's already installed in your car , why can't anyone get this by purchasing it and having it installed? It's not available from any spare parts department at any Holden Dealership to the best of my knowledge. You would think if it is already on a production model that is out there the map update would be painless and freely available.

Do you have 9 menu items in the software version information?

Holden Customer Assistance emailed me and stated this:

We can confirm, map software update is relatively quick, however the vehicle may also require the radio software update and the navigation system calibration which can take a number of hours due to a comprehensive road test

The dealer will be installing the map update and completing the road test for the abovementioned calibration as they have been provided specific instructions from Holden's engineering department.

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Absolutely no idea... maybe you're right and it's in production models now, with the update only starting for older models???

But I haven't had anything done to mine since I picked it up in late April and as you can see it already has it.

Good question to ask Holden though!

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
I am going to ring Holden today and see if they can do the upgrade for me.

I have contacted Holden and Spoke to Steve this morning and was advised that there is no VF map upgrade at this time and when it is officially released they will inform all Holden Dealers and then will notify the customers. I don't think they are game to try another one just to be safe.

Attachments

• IMG_1735.JPG
    IMG_1735.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute

Alot of map suppliers update the maps 3 times a year (~every 4 months).. soo.. your version could technically be the most recent? Which is why the new update for Rogan matches yours.

Next update may be soonish?

vk2him

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I had Mylink upgraded today - I now have the Mute Voice Prompts option when navigating which wasn't there before. I noticed that both my Gyrocal and Odocal were 0% when I picked it up - after driving 30km the Odocal is 50% and Gyrocal is 30% ... I also asked about a map upgrade, they said No upgrade till end of year .. radio.jpg

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
I had Mylink upgraded today - I now have the Mute Voice Prompts option when navigating which wasn't there before. I noticed that both my Gyrocal and Odocal were 0% when I picked it up - after driving 30km the Odocal is 50% and Gyrocal is 30% ... I also asked about a map upgrade, they said No upgrade till end of year .. View attachment 183253

Oh... so the odocal/gyrocal resets after every upgrade... not yet map updates.

vy_berlina03

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 SV6 Storm
This is so confusing if we are referring to the version number mine is higher there needs to be another way to tell what version of maps are on VF instead of going of version numbers as everyone seems to have different versions and not sure what map updates and installed or are existing.