Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

galaga2304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
They are nice. But feels like being in a Redline a little. Haven't driven or started one though.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
There was some 'poor value' pooh-poohing of the Black when it was released, because there was nothing much special about them ... but it seems to me they're basically a Gen-F Clubbie for less money. Hmm, except the seats, I just remembered the seats, they're a Big Thing about an HSV over a Holden.

Low $60's you say? To put that into perspective, that's basically RRP for a Redline. If I were considering a new Redline that'd be very interesting!

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Of all the limited edition LS3's coming over the next couple of months I reckon the Clubbie Track edition is the pick of the bunch. Slap a supercharger in there and it's a real mean machine.
So I saw a HSV black clubsport today. Sits between a redline and LSA clubsport. What do guys think? Is it worth it? I see it as a half baked Clubbie, but good price to get a HSV. And limited edition. Redline engine and seats, Clubbie looks and suspension. Too many decisions! And am sure plenty more temptations to come.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Hmm, except the seats, I just remembered the seats, they're a Big Thing about an HSV over a Holden.

Low $60's you say? To put that into perspective, that's basically RRP for a Redline. If I were considering a new Redline that'd be very interesting!

Yep, the seats are big deal for me too which is one thing I don't like about the SII. I love the rear treatment of the HSVs which is why I want a clubbie next.

2016 HSV ClubSport R8 for sale in Bundoora - Watson Holden

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ Just checking; you're aware the Black has SSV & Redline seats?

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Without the HSV seats, they aren't the best value IMO. You have greater outlay on insurance, tyres, brakes and everyone driving a GTS or R8 is thinking, "couldn't afford the big one mate". HSV spare parts in future will be harder to come by than the Holden product. I will be dropping my doh on an SSVR.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Yep. That's probably why I wouldn't get one.

galaga2304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
I always have wanted the redline. But still the pull to a HSV? But yes I agree, couldn't afford the real one mate? And no I couldn't :(
I just wish I knew what else was coming.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I’ve had the ‘couldn’t you afford a Maloo’ jibe thrown at me twice in the last couple of months by fellows who were commenting on my Redline Ute.

I always answer I only wish I had the cash for one and what do you drive?

Even if they said a Ferrari I’d have to go one better and say, couldn’t afford a Veyron aye.

It’s all relative in the end and a true enthusiast wouldn’t belittle your car to your face anyway.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
I’ve had the ‘couldn’t you afford a Maloo’ jibe thrown at me twice in the last couple of months by fellows who were commenting on my Redline Ute.

I always answer I only wish I had the cash for one and what do you drive?

Even if they said a Ferrari I’d have to go one better and say, couldn’t afford a Veyron aye.

It’s all relative in the end and a true enthusiast wouldn’t belittle your car to your face anyway.

So true mate.