Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
I think that they won't announce a RWD V8 until the VF is no more, if they did announce that say the Camaro was coming, how many would wait for it instead of the last VF?

I agree. If I knew next gen Camaro was coming here in RHD I'd wait.

cdr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF Maloo R8
Especially with the 650 hp LT4 and the new 10 speed auto.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I agree. If I knew next gen Camaro was coming here in RHD I'd wait.
Current gen has only just come out ... you'd wait 7-8 years?

Current gen was never package-protected for RHD; ie. the design doesn't allow for RHD. With pure luck it might be possible to build in RHD, but that's fairly unlikely.

Phantom Menace

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SV6 Black Edition Ute
Hi guy's, new member and first time poster. Thought I'd let you guys know that I've just signed off on my first ever brand new car, pumped as! Here's the deal i got which i think is pretty decent value...
MY16 VF II SV6 Black Edition Ute
Phantom Black (Prestige Paint)
Neoprene Seat Covers
Pollen Filter
Sports Armour
Alloy Faced Pedals
Slimline Hard Tonneau (Phantom Black)
Slimline Black/White Plates
Window Tint
Towbar Hitch Cap
20" Baretta Rims
Locking Wheel Nuts
Full Tank Of Premium 98
$42,200 Delivered

I was looking at the SS models, but they were going to be around $53k and if i was going to spend that much i would've just gone all out on an SS-V Redline so i decided the SV6 is potentially saving me anywhere between $15-20k. I was a bit worried about having a MY17 edition just drop right after signing off on this deal, but when i asked the dealer he said they haven't even heard of any other special editions in the pipeworks if at all there will be another after the black. Which had me thinking it would be foolish of me to hold out untill October next year hoping they drop another with no guarantee. Personally i think there will be a Director Edition Calais based model and a HSV and a "Send Off" edition V8 only, that's only my opinion.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Hi guy's, new member and first time poster. Thought I'd let you guys know that I've just signed off on my first ever brand new car, pumped as! Here's the deal i got which i think is pretty decent value...
MY16 VF II SV6 Black Edition Ute
Phantom Black (Prestige Paint)
Neoprene Seat Covers
Pollen Filter
Sports Armour
Alloy Faced Pedals
Slimline Hard Tonneau (Phantom Black)
Slimline Black/White Plates
Window Tint
Towbar Hitch Cap
20" Baretta Rims
Locking Wheel Nuts
Full Tank Of Premium 98
$42,200 Delivered

I was looking at the SS models, but they were going to be around $53k and if i was going to spend that much i would've just gone all out on an SS-V Redline so i decided the SV6 is potentially saving me anywhere between $15-20k. I was a bit worried about having a MY17 edition just drop right after signing off on this deal, but when i asked the dealer he said they haven't even heard of any other special editions in the pipeworks if at all there will be another after the black. Which had me thinking it would be foolish of me to hold out untill October next year hoping they drop another with no guarantee. Personally i think there will be a Director Edition Calais based model and a HSV and a "Send Off" edition V8 only, that's only my opinion.

Good stuff! Info on mY17 wont come until Nov/Dec this year as MY17 is not going to be released until start of next year now

Phantom Menace

Reaction score
Members Ride
Good stuff! Info on mY17 wont come until Nov/Dec this year as MY17 is not going to be released until start of next year now
Thanks Super Coach! :) It will be interesting to see what they have in store for next year as i can't see much more being added to the SV6 model appart from maybe different colors/rims and a MyLink update. I just hope there's nothing too outrageous that makes me wish i had that instead lol.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
TISM said:
Bought a car just the other day
Man could that baby run
But you know what they always say
There's always a better one

Be happy with your new purchase decision and be done with. If everyone kept waiting for the next best thing, no one would buy anything, ever.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Excitement is building.....

So some exciting news about my car, got a production update from my contact at HVO.

Holden had a target build date for my Redline as Wednesday 31/8/16. I got word that my car has already been built! It had passed through body shop on Wednesday 24/8/16 with no defects or rework, so body work is great and it was in paint shop overheads as of 25/8/16. Hard to say whether it’s been painted or not, but I have ordered the optional black roof and was told the car goes through once painted all green, then before clearcoat is applied it is taken offline, the whole car gets masked up and then the car is fed back in to get the roof painted black and then it gets its clearcoat.

As they no longer work a Friday shift at HVO, it looks to be that my car maybe finished late Monday afternoon. My contact will get back to me on Monday to confirm where it is as it depends on the ARS (Automatic Retrieval System) and where it is programmed to slot into the production line. Exciting times ahead and sleepless nights ahead. It due to arrive at the dealer on 2/9/16.

I have even created a thread for my Redline, go check it out.
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vf/255878-my16-jungle-green-ssv-redline.html

Phantom Menace

Reaction score
Members Ride
Got a quote for when my baby gets delivered for a protection package today from VIP Car Care one of only 3 accredited users of Ceramic Pro in Melbourne.
$795 for Ceramic Pro paint protection (Lifetime warranty)
$265 for 4 wheels/inner rim + brake calipers
$88 for carpet + mat protection
$100 for seat protection and a free Ceramic Pro windscreen protection.

Much rather be paying top $ for a lifetime warranty top of the range protection than the $2,000 crap dealerships offer that lasts a week.