Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I got a VF with 61,090 km's on clock for $17,400 prussian steel, MY14 - not sure what MY14 means though.

What model VF did you buy, sounds pretty cheap.

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
What model VF did you buy, sounds pretty cheap.

I'd be expecting the answer will be an Evoke. MY14 could be any 2013 VF, or a 2014 build up to about 3rd quarter. When the car is promoted as MY14 I would say actually 2013 build.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I just did a scan of V8 VF wagons and was surprised to see the prices they are fetching. I'm considering selling my 2013 SS wagon for something more frugal but quicker (not an easy task as its well modded). I reckon it's lost minimal value since February when I bought her.

I'd be expecting the answer will be an Evoke. MY14 could be any 2013 VF, or a 2014 build up to about 3rd quarter. When the car is promoted as MY14 I would say actually 2013 build.

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
I just did a scan of V8 VF wagons and was surprised to see the prices they are fetching. I'm considering selling my 2013 SS wagon for something more frugal but quicker (not an easy task as its well modded). I reckon it's lost minimal value since February when I bought her.

I think the wagons hold their value better than a sedan, my daughter has an 2010 SV6 sedan and wants a wagon (and wouldn't mind an SS), there is a fair price gap from what the sedan is worth compared to a wagon. I guess it's the old supply and demand rule when it comes to the value of anything, there are so many sedans out there compared with wagons, and buyers for sedans are relatively thin on ground given the number of cars for sale, also in the case of SV6 sedan, the rental companies buy a fair number and this means more used ones on the market (my daughters car is an ex rental). In the case of wagons even V6, fewer built, new price was more than sedan, but the demand is still good so resale is pretty good. For anyone looking for a wagon (and doesn't want SUV), regardless of brand, the choice is limited, the Commodore wagons are a good wagon, it makes sense there is demand for them. Take it a step further with a V8 wagon and there is almost nothing else in that market place.

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
Hey all, may seem like a bit of a silly question, but its been a few years since I've bought new...

Yesterday the misses and I drove around to some city and eastern Holden dealers, I've visited the western dealers, and there is my 'local' dealer literally 5 minutes up the road.

I had in my mind that all the other dealers I'm visiting are just research, but i would ultimately be buying from my local dealer (due to warranty, service and all that) BUT, am i wrong? does it matter if the bloke on the other side of town gives me the best price? being that holden has capped price servicing now, and i wouldn't be getting any extended warranties.
Once I've got the car off them, would i only need to go back to the original dealer if i have a warranty claim? or will it still be ok to claim warranty at my local dealer?

So ye for whatever reason i have in my mind that you need to take the car back to the dealer you purchased off, but if I'm wrong, thats great as i spoke to some good sales people yesterday from not in my area and the more people i can get working out a deal the better!

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Warranty claims can be done at any Holden dealer; there's very little downside to buying somewhere different to where you're getting it serviced &/or warranty-repaired.

The only thing I've ever encountered was when looking for a part, if I'd bought the car at the dealer the parts guy could've obtained the exact vehicle details by cross-linking with their sales database ... this meant I had to spend a whole 5 minutes writing the VIN down instead. :)

If you're making a claim that's borderline (ie. may not really be a warranty issue), there's a teeny-weeny chance IMHO that the dealer might put more effort into convincing Holden it should be fixed under warranty. But I believe that chance to be miniscule, and if you get the car serviced a couple of times such that they 'know' you, you'll get the same effect anyway.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
The only thing I've ever encountered was when looking for a part, if I'd bought the car at the dealer the parts guy could've obtained the exact vehicle details by cross-linking with their sales database ... this meant I had to spend a whole 5 minutes writing the VIN down instead. :)

I've encountered a similar experience when buying parts - however, in this case the car wasn't purchased from that dealership and I'm fairly confident that the subsequent owners had not had it serviced there. The spare parts person asked me if I knew the VIN. I didn't off the top of my head but offered to look, but instead, the spare parts person asked for the rego number and looked it up and found the VIN (and it only took them a few seconds to look it up). I don't know if they used the online VicRoads system or whether the Holden sales database is available to all dealers.

Stuey81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline & VE SS Wagon
I just bought a brand new SSV redline in manual, it was $56,990 and I got them to throw in the SS floor mats as it looked like it was missing something with the clips for the floor mats exposed like that. When I went to pick up the car they had filled the tank for me with 98, so I was pretty happy with that. the car is Herron white, came with Bose (however I think that's standard on the redline) Really loving the car, I also own a series one VE SS in auto and the VF is just such a better car to drive!!

AJAY79

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 Storm Sportswagon
To Troyziee -

Just keep in mind that some dealers will offer an extended warranty (free if youre a good negotiator) if you have the car serviced at their dealership.

My car came with an 8 year warranty from memory (3 year manufacturers and 5 year dealer)