Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
Is the MotorSport Edition coming out with the "T43" Rear Wing Spoiler or is it an option, if its an option its price is moving closer to the HSV's supercharged 2016 Clubsport R8.....

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
Oh....what if you order the the MS Edition in RedHot?
and what happens with the "red out kit" - (red side mirror caps, red grills highlights, red Decals and 20" HF20 Alloys with red band around the rim)?

Petrit Selimi

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV BLACK HSV #1
I just spoke to my dealer and they have been allocated a total of 38 MY17 SSV redlines which includes a total of 9 Limited Editions and 1 Director.
If your serious about getting on put down your deposits now.

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
The car in the background of the picture on the Holden limited edition webpage has got foggies plus drl, director maybe? Surely they won't do the same sticker pack on director and motorsport?

Chris71

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Since reading the last 3-4 pages of this thread I popped into dealer close by work this morning. They've been allocated 35 SSV Redlines + 9 Motorsport editions for entire year...They are very disappointed - nearly a third of their allocation is already sold and believe their full allocation was likely to be 'gone' before end Q1 and that there would absolutely be no more despite the demand. Did confirm that the black-out option would be a standard inclusion in 2017. I'm not due to change my vehicle over for another 6 months but I may have to bite the bullet and get in much earlier than expected.

Flyer

Reaction score
Website
www.generationdrone.com.au
Members Ride
VF SS V Redline - 2014
Hi guys. So after reading the past few pages I phoned my dealer on Friday and he advised his allocation was only 16 redlines of which some were sold already. So told him to put my name on one. Rocked up today and was surprised of the breakdown of which only 4 manual sedans had been allocated and 1 "limited edition". I was lucky only 1 of the manuals had been sold prior (this morning). So at least half of the allocation for them is now gone. Did I get an amazing deal? Of course not but I'm just happy to have one in my ownership again in the timeframe of my choice, with amazing customer service as always.

I guess the moral of the story is if you do want one, you better call and find out if the option of your choice is still around because although they have an allocation of X, that allocation includes all models and variants and there may be extremely limited numbers of a specific option of your choice.

P.S has anyone opted in to the aftermarket damage repair scheme they have going?

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
I am completely perplexed by the games Holden are playing here.
First they put out a press release saying that there will be plenty of production throughout the year to meet demand, then we find out that only a tiny number of cars will be produced through an allocation system.
I spoke to a dealer a couple of weeks ago who told me no orders for my17 would be taken until mid January, now I am reading that allocations are already being sold??? WTF???
I think I might visit a few dealers tomorrow to get some more info and possibly put down a deposit.

daz_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII
Its starting to look a bit like the Ford situation. I guess closing manufacturing is kind of an unprecedented event and they want certainty above all else. Some Falcon buyers actually had their orders cancelled because it didn't fit into the production schedule so they just didn't get a car.

From the business side its a good deal. Put some heated seats in a car, call it motorsport for no reason and sell it for the price of a HSV. Get full retail for basically any 2017 V8 and don't have anything sitting on the lot !

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
Its starting to look a bit like the Ford situation. I guess closing manufacturing is kind of an unprecedented event and they want certainty above all else. Some Falcon buyers actually had their orders cancelled because it didn't fit into the production schedule so they just didn't get a car.

From the business side its a good deal. Put some heated seats in a car, call it motorsport for no reason and sell it for the price of a HSV. Get full retail for basically any 2017 V8 and don't have anything sitting on the lot !
I thought the supply situation was a little like that when the VF2 was released, i.e. no dealer stock. I 'ordered' my MY17 last week and the dealer's allocation/pre-sales was similar to that reported by others. Holden (or General Motors?) is winning and it could be only V6's will be left by the time the first MY17's actually arrive.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
I am completely perplexed by the games Holden are playing here.
First they put out a press release saying that there will be plenty of production throughout the year to meet demand, then we find out that only a tiny number of cars will be produced through an allocation system.
I spoke to a dealer a couple of weeks ago who told me no orders for my17 would be taken until mid January, now I am reading that allocations are already being sold??? WTF???
I think I might visit a few dealers tomorrow to get some more info and possibly put down a deposit.

What Holden is doing creating an urgency so people go down and put a deposit and securer a car before it is even built. Then Holden will have a miraculous closing down sale were they have found another 5000 cars in Q3-Q4 that are now able to sell. Smoke and Mirrors