Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

rossimo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s2 wagon
Well done all. Great to see all these happy Holden owners. If I didn't have my VF1 Redline (which I love as much today, as when I bought it in Oct 2013), I'd be pining for my MSE by now!
Addictive. Yep, that pretty well sums it up Rossimo.;)
Yep, going for a drive tomorrow morning, I don't know where yet but I'm going somewhere haha.

Shame they will not be building these things anymore, they are putting out such a good thing now it's a deadset shame to know it will be no more.

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SS-V Redline Sedan LMF
Actually it doesn't lol. I only drive past there in a work vehicle.;)

On the topic of LMF Redlines at dealerships, I have also noticed that Booran Holden Cheltenham has had a black roofed one sitting outdoors in front of the dealership for quite some time now.

There was a black roofed SOAG Redline there some time ago (see my pics from a previous post) but they wanted some ridiculous price for it (see my previous post of ridiculous pricing) so I panicked and bought an LMF elsewhere. That black roofed LMF may sit there for some time also, probably with some reduced ridiculous pricing..

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
They look nice together. One is in the garage and one is in the carport? Have the girls got names? I have a name for my car, but she's not built yet. Only 30-ish days to go..

Thanks. Yeah carport, its encIosed from the elements and locked up. No names set as yet..

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
I got the silk uncover when I picked mine up. Was pretty exciting, but Ye nothing over the top, and then got a little lunch/esky cooler bag as well which I just keep in the car with some blankets and that. A lot better than my last sportwagon (different dealer) who just had it parked there in the service bays and said yup there it is...
IMG_2341.jpg

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Well done all. Great to see all these happy Holden owners. If I didn't have my VF1 Redline (which I love as much today, as when I bought it in Oct 2013), I'd be pining for my MSE by now!
Addictive. Yep, that pretty well sums it up Rossimo.;)
Spot on Cuda! That's what makes the difference between most of us on here & the A to B driver. Your passion for your 3.5y.o. car is something many of us can appreciate!
My previous Commodores were a 2nd hand VT executive, followed by all brand newbies - VT S2 S Pack, VX S Pack, VY Acclaim, VZ SV6. Each of these was traded to get the next & although they were all V6ers I would have kept each one of them (they were all in peak condition inside & out, paint etc) if I could have - even de-registered in a shed if I had the means.
I currently have a VE SV6 (brilliant phantom paintwork & only a 100k on the clock) which I'm not trading & waiting on the SS (my first V8! and first wagon!) to arrive. Wifey has a 6 month old Black ed SV6 ute.
So yeah we have the trifecta with sedan, ute & wagon - & I will cherish them all as Aussie builds for the rest of my days!

Edit: the one I left out above was the VE2 SV6 ute that we traded for the Black Ed - wifey still doesn't forgive me because it was Poison Ivy - admittedly, it was a hard decision but when we bought the VE2 you couldn't even option a reversing camera, nor sports wheel with flappy paddles etc let alone no sat nav, no blind spot monitoring, no HUD etc etc. I just had to update to the VF2 interior while I had the chance or I felt I would never forgive myself.

Last edited:

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I hear you mate. Good stuff. I'd like to get a ute to tow my boat. One day.
I had a Poison Ivy Sportwagon, which was a cracking good car. Still love that colour.
It had a reverse camera in the rear vision mirror. It worked awesome. Great spot for the camera screen. It also auto adjusted for other cars headlights. Makes me wonder if they're still available?

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
I hear you mate. Good stuff. I'd like to get a ute to tow my boat. One day.
I had a Poison Ivy Sportwagon, which was a cracking good car. Still love that colour.
It had a reverse camera in the rear vision mirror. It worked awesome. Great spot for the camera screen. It also auto adjusted for other cars headlights. Makes me wonder if they're still available?
Sounds like a nifty reverse camera you had there. I still remember driving the ute home from the Dealer after dark on the Bruce Highway - had to get from the right hand lane across a middle lane to the left hand lane to take an exit. Trying to do a shoulder check all I could see was headlights but most of it was reflection off the chrome sports bar but with the high hardlid visibility was negligible - I just put the left indicator on dropped back to about 90 and then gradually kept veering left - probably took a kilometre to complete the manoeuvre haha, but I felt I was totally at the mercy of the goodwill of other drivers. My biggest fear was how the Mrs was going to cope coming from a 1990 Camry which had a glasshouse giving a 360 degree unobstructed view. We fitted a couple of blind spot mirrors and she never had a problem. Of course the blind spot monitoring on the new one is a God-send.

As for the poison ivy, I reckon on average once a fortnight over the 5 yrs we owned it, the Mrs would tell me of someone who asked about the colour. All the customers where she worked got to know it was hers even though she had to park it a couple of streets from where she worked - which didn't really make me feel all that comfortable!
When I got to drive it, I would get the same questions about the colour at servos, once at the tip where the driver next to me asked why you would bring a car like that to a shat place like this! Then there was the 70-something dear old lady in a car park at Katoomba (we were on hols from QLD) who came up to me when I got out of it and commented on the interstate plates following which she wanted the name of the colour to write it down to tell her son when she got home - for whatever reason..

Yep, could have kept that ute for the colour alone!