Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

LMF 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
First service today, been a month now since the car arrived, time flys when you're having fun. Decided whilst I was there to check out the red centre caps in parts and if they could get me a set. Entertaining that was as they'd never heard of them, first response was they must be some fakes on eBay. Eventually after I explained to them they were real, they did a bit more digging and found them in their computer, so now on order and will hopefully get them Thursday or Friday. Funny ending was the guys in parts are now going to tell the sales guys about them, as they reckon they should put them on all their SSVR's. On another note, I'm not very mechanical, can somebody give me some advice as to how I get the old ones off so I can put the new ones on.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Carefully take the wheels off (not to chip the brake caliper), push the center cap out from inside the wheel, make sure you catch it so it doesn't fall and scratch. Place wheels back onto hub (careful not to chip brake calipers) tighten/torque up wheel nuts to 160nm. Push/tap new center caps in each wheel. I placed an old microfibre cloth on each brake caliper when i did mine so not to damage them. I jacked up and did one at a time as no hoist at home. Don't rush as thats when **** happens..

RedBadge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VF SSV Redline LMF
First service today, been a month now since the car arrived, time flys when you're having fun. Decided whilst I was there to check out the red centre caps in parts and if they could get me a set. Entertaining that was as they'd never heard of them, first response was they must be some fakes on eBay. Eventually after I explained to them they were real, they did a bit more digging and found them in their computer, so now on order and will hopefully get them Thursday or Friday. Funny ending was the guys in parts are now going to tell the sales guys about them, as they reckon they should put them on all their SSVR's. On another note, I'm not very mechanical, can somebody give me some advice as to how I get the old ones off so I can put the new ones on.
Hello LMF 17. I've purchased a set also but haven't put them on yet. Take each wheel off, gently prise out the black one and push the red one in. Refit the wheel. That's what I'm doing anyway.
See the lugs in the photo. Push in style but the wheel has to come off otherwise people would easily remove them. Hope this helps mate.
20170424_211409.jpeg 20170424_211350.jpeg 20170424_211442_001.jpeg

RedBadge

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 & VF SSV Redline LMF
Carefully take the wheels off (not to chip the brake caliper), push the center cap out from inside the wheel, make sure you catch it so it doesn't fall and scratch. Place wheels back onto hub (careful not to chip brake calipers) tighten/torque up wheel nuts to 160nm. Push/tap new center caps in each wheel. I placed an old microfibre cloth on each brake caliper when i did mine so not to damage them. I jacked up and did one at a time as no hoist at home. Don't rush as thats when **** happens..
Nice procedure 3rspecB. Think I'll do mine your way as well. Can't be too careful they are only plastic by the feel of it.

LMF 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
Thanks 3rspecB and Red Badge for the information, much appreciated.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
The 1st center cap I pushed out too hard and luckily caught it. The others i gently pushed out. The reason i refit the wheels without the center caps so i can see the wheels are sitting on the hub correctly. Obviously line up holes so the wheel studs poke through correctly. 160nm is the factory torque spec. Re torque after a couple of days.

SSteve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SSV Redline Manual Heron White
Wow...just finished reading all of the posts about all of you picking up your new cars! Congratulations and well done to you all. Soooo many more sleeps for me...not expected until end of July! All good things come to those who wait...I've never owned a SS but always dreamed that one day I would. Would never forgive myself if I didn't get one of the last of the V8's.

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SS-V Redline Sedan LMF
You are a few k's from me. Would love to wave the justcomnodores flag during the drive by as well.

You've got a justcommodores flag? People are getting roped off utes, silk unveiling, bottles of wine, now a justcommodores flag? Where can I get one? I want one!
Hey about 2km east of Chadstone - wave your flag around there...

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SS-V Redline Sedan LMF
Wow...just finished reading all of the posts about all of you picking up your new cars! Congratulations and well done to you all. Soooo many more sleeps for me...not expected until end of July! All good things come to those who wait...I've never owned a SS but always dreamed that one day I would. Would never forgive myself if I didn't get one of the last of the V8's.

And I gave you your first like! :) And smile.
I've been waiting since the end of Jan and I should get mine at the end of May. Download a counter app on your phone and place in an approximate date and a photo of your car and just look at the app once a day, or when a friend asks you when you get your car...

Marco_VESS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF2 Redline M6
Yep I know how you feel still got 5 months to go!!

I feel your pain mate, it's been almost four months since I ordered and still four months to go until estimated delivery. Still, I've only got myself to blame seeing as I ordered January 7th and asked for as late a build as possible...

Just thinking about previous new car deliveries - all three new Holdens (from two different dealers) have just been handed over by the dealer parked out the front of their showrooms. No fanfare, nothing special. The new Toyota I bought last year was in the showroom with balloons tied to it and a congratulatory certificate on the dashboard. That was a little bit nicer than the Holden experience :)