Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
I don't know what a xu1 is but a third of my quote is $675, my 2012 SV6 cost that much to insure so I call bs.

Bs eh? For your viewing pleasure,

Resized_20170518_215642.jpeg

And agreed value is 100k now not 85....

You don't know what an Xu1 is and your buying a MSE? Wow!

Im not that many more years older than you, this thing was my first car and i absolutely idolised them and any torana or early commodores, or bathurst or brocky... you really dont know what an Xu1 is??

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
I have a Comprehensive Insurance quote from Holden Motor Insurance, underwritten by Allianz, for $859. I haven't price checked this yet with other providers as my delivery is such a long way away. Looking at quotes others have received I'm thinking the person who provided the quote doesn't know what a Director is! I am 55 though, with a good record and still like fast cars.
G'Day DIR-ACT, I think the big difference in costs are modifications and age, post code makes a minor difference too. I was quoted less than you but based on agreed value of 60K and $800 excess. Insurance is one of those things, waste of money unless you use it so to minimise the waste minimise the cost, thats the way I look at it anyway.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385

View attachment 192065

Good one, I'm genuinely pleased for you but it makes no sense to me. How can a 100k car that is meaningful to people cost the same to insure as my 2012 SV6? Is it locked in a shed in the middle of nowhere and never driven with laser beams protecting it?

I've seen a few people here get quotes like me ($2k or more) and a couple with ridiculously low quotes that defy logic. Shannons wouldn't even talk to me unless I moved apartments and got a secure garage overnight.

I live in an affluent area where a Motorsport isn't even an expensive car. It's in secure parking at work and at home and I've said I'm going to drive it 2-3 days a week, not even a daily.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...

View attachment 192065

You don't know what an Xu1 is and your buying a MSE? Wow!

Im not that many more years older than you, this thing was my first car and i absolutely idolised them and any torana or early commodores, or bathurst or brocky... you really dont know what an Xu1 is??
Lucky man.
But, I just got list dreaming about the magenta E38.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
G'Day DIR-ACT, I think the big difference in costs are modifications and age, post code makes a minor difference too. I was quoted less than you but based on agreed value of 60K and $800 excess. Insurance is one of those things, waste of money unless you use it so to minimise the waste minimise the cost, thats the way I look at it anyway.
It's all about risk. We value risk higher than insurance coys do...Individuals lose out in vast numbers. Which, is why we can afford it. We are one. No co-ops for us. So, we pay the high premiums.
We pay, we sleep

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Got an email confirming that my presentation box, 1:18 model and car cover are on their way to the dealer. So not long to go before my MSE is delivered.

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
Hi Professor, I know I've said it before but I reckon the red decals, mirror scalpes and DDL surrounds will look really good against Nitrate, in fact the red highlights are the reason I finally went with Nitrate, without them I would have gone with Heron, but needless to say that's just me.
Keen as mustard to see some quality pics of a Nitrate MSE with red wheel centers and its colour coded calipers (by default). With its contrasting three colour colour scheme it should look ace, fingers crossed:)
I think you're right, Martin. I remember a '68 Camaro in silver with red line tires; and in here in Aus, I recall an E49 Charger in Mercury silver with similar red line tyres; both were jaw-dropping - the red highlights DO really work with silvers.
Well, we're fortunate to have our buddy GLA on here; I too cannot wait for his photos.

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
Got an email confirming that my presentation box, 1:18 model and car cover are on their way to the dealer. So not long to go before my MSE is delivered.
Beauty Supe! And thanks for yet another production line shot.
Incidentally, I'm in Adel fairly often, near Flinders Uni - can I expect to see 007 cruisin' past?

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
I think you're right, Martin. I remember a '68 Camaro in silver with red line tires; and in here in Aus, I recall an E49 Charger in Mercury silver with similar red line tyres; both were jaw-dropping - the red highlights DO really work with silvers.
Well, we're fortunate to have our buddy GLA on here; I too cannot wait for his photos.
Hey, I forgot, Martin, have you gone with the big spoiler? How about you, GLA, did you?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes, you're right about red and sliver Prof and Martin. The black bonnet and stripes added immensly to the mercury E49's classic looks, the red grill stripe and R/T stickers too. My favourite colour R/T combination. Yes, even more than limelight. Nitrate MSE's will look amazing...Thought about a black wrapped bonnet to match the roof? I reckon it would look tough as on a nitrate MSE!

Last edited: