Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

DIR-ACT

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director - about September
G'day All,

I have found out that my MSE will be finished on the 24th of May and Delivered to Canberra on the 29th...... So close now!
Sound like it may go into production early next week. It sounds as though it will be apart of the first models manufactured.
Jeez, Jack-B, I'm jealous, you getting your MSE in a couple of weeks, quite probably the first in Canberra. I have to wait until September. Excellent news though, I'd love to see and hear it when you have #0304. Promise not to ask for a drive!

Last edited:

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
These are photos of the EMS not ASRS (automatic storage retrieval system ) which utilises 2 cranes picking and placing cars into pigeon holes over 8 storeys high. Similar to coke machine but larger. The EMS is in the old paint shop and stores painted and unpainted bodies.
G'Day GTR69, long time no hear, how's morale at the plant? Please tell us there's a rumor Nick Xenophon has cooked up some plan to stop what seems to be the inevitable.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
It's all about risk. We value risk higher than insurance coys do...Individuals lose out in vast numbers. Which, is why we can afford it. We are one. No co-ops for us. So, we pay the high premiums.
We pay, we sleep
Hey Cuda, is this some kinda test cos if it is then my answer is.......yes? :) Professor, I need your help to decipher this, Cuda's talking in tounges again

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
Sorry Prof no red tyre stripe on this one. But, taking your thoughts further, I reckon a nitrate MSE with a black bonnet like this R/T would look great. Not as racey as the brighter colours. But so stylish.View attachment 192074
Went for a ride in one of those when I was 17, way back when; silver, blacks and reds. Damn thing went like Hell! Those 265s (with Webers) feel like 400+ cubes...simply amazing.

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
Nitrate with a black wing spoiler and red centre caps.
I opted for the black caps stock, but I will purchase a set of reds from Spares; I suspect you're right, they'll look fantastic.

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
Hi Professor, I've gone the wing spoiler with red centers like GLA but have also gone the black power decal. I optioned the power decal mainly because the sales person at the dealership said she'd never sold one (had been working there in sales for 6 years). Not sure what it'll look like with the hood stripes, if it looks crap I'll pull it (the decal). If it looks ok it'll individualise the car a little and add a bit of attitude. My opinion re these sort of cars is the more factory options you include the better the re-sale. I know the power decals are applied at the dealership but they are shown in the sales material as a genuine Holden option. Re-sale doesn't really matter if you don't intend to sell which I don't, but as we all know, shyt happens, usually when we least expect it.
Oooo nice, Martin, that Black power decal had me spinning too. I saw one on a Black SSVR at Metro Holden, Adelaide several months ago - damn it looked good. I have optioned without it - at this stage - because I saw a red SSVR with it, and it looked a bit awkward. The black car "subtled" it down a bit. With all due respect, I would love to see an image or ten of your car when it's done - it may just convince me to buy the decal across the spares counter!
I hear what you're saying re investment potential with long option lists - and I agree. I also agree siht happens, but like you, I'm planning never to sell the MSE, in fact, I'm planning to hand the MSE 044 to my children when I go to the big dragstrip in the sky. Hmmm, that doesn't quite sound right, does it?

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
G'day All,

I have found out that my MSE will be finished on the 24th of May and Delivered to Canberra on the 29th...... So close now!
Sound like it may go into production early next week. It sounds as though it will be apart of the first models manufactured.
What colour, Jack?

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
not likely as she will be tucked away in the shed.
Oh, that's understandable. 007 is going to be worth an absolute mint in 20 years. Anyway, 0044 will visit Adelaide fairly often; if you see it, yell out, "Hey, I'm Super coach!" and we'll have a good old roadside chat, mate.

ProfMopar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 Auto
Hey Cuda, is this some kinda test cos if it is then my answer is.......yes? :) Professor, I need your help to decipher this, Cuda's talking in tounges again
That boy's been sipping Avgas again, I reckons.