Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Costco tyres - revisited

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
Preamble...
Last month (April) I enquired of Costco as to tyre prices.

There was a misunderstanding in that I asked for Michelin prices but they quoted on Bridgestones.

In any event, in April, Bridgestone were having a 4 for the price of 3 sale so I decided to buy the Bridgestones.

Quote for 4 x 245/35/20 Potenza RE050A was $1140, balanced and fitted.

Before I went ahead I rang my local Bridgestone to see what they could do them for. Was told they couldn't do at that price as "there isn't even $50 in the deal" but it didn't matter anyway as there weren't any 050A's in the Brisbane warehouse.

I looked up Bridgestone's 4 for 3 terms and conditions and it stated that deal was on available stock only.

Rang Costco to hopefully place order and was put on hold while they checked. Nope, none available.

When will stock be available? Around 20th May. Can I order now and wait for them? Sure, no prob.

So, ordered over the phone but just to hedge my bets I went it at the end of the month to pay for them.

Fast forward to yesterday...

Tyres in store; took car over and had them fitted.

Happy to report that all went well - not a mark on the rims or car.

For those who don't know (I didn't) Costco use nitrogen to inlate tyres, free rebalance, inflation check, puncture repairs, and, rotations for the life of the tyres (not transferable if you sell the car).

All in all, a pretty good deal.

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
The nitrogen’s a bit of the joke, but the rest being included is a good thing; good stuff & well done! :)

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
The nitrogen’s a bit of the joke, but the rest being included is a good thing; good stuff & well done! :)
Yep only 78.09 (or so) % Nitrogen in normal air.......best get rid of all the other pesky gases such as oxygen argon etc. But if it costs no more go for it!

Tryg

Reaction score
Members Ride
a white car
Preamble...
Last month (April) I enquired of Costco as to tyre prices.

There was a misunderstanding in that I asked for Michelin prices but they quoted on Bridgestones.

In any event, in April, Bridgestone were having a 4 for the price of 3 sale so I decided to buy the Bridgestones.

Quote for 4 x 145/35/20 Potenza RE050A was $1140, balanced and fitted.

Before I went ahead I rang my local Bridgestone to see what they could do them for. Was told they couldn't do at that price as "there isn't even $50 in the deal" but it didn't matter anyway as there weren't any 050A's in the Brisbane warehouse.

I looked up Bridgestone's 4 for 3 terms and conditions and it stated that deal was on available stock only.

Rang Costco to hopefully place order and was put on hold while they checked. Nope, none available.

When will stock be available? Around 20th May. Can I order now and wait for them? Sure, no prob.

So, ordered over the phone but just to hedge my bets I went it at the end of the month to pay for them.

Fast forward to yesterday...

Tyres in store; took car over and had them fitted.

Happy to report that all went well - not a mark on the rims or car.

For those who don't know (I didn't) Costco use nitrogen to inlate tyres, free rebalance, inflation check, puncture repairs, and, rotations for the life of the tyres (not transferable if you sell the car).

All in all, a pretty good deal.
Sounds like a rock solid deal. I think we are getting another Costco in the SE, near Ipswich... Better than the 2.5 hour drive I have to Northlakes now!

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Quote for 4 x 145/35/20 Potenza RE050A was $1140, balanced and fitted.

Car is going to look like the old dinky cars with that width.....could be a bit hairy in the wet too :p

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Car is going to look like the old dinky cars with that width.....could be a bit hairy in the wet too :p
Yeah, put spikes on it and it’s a perfect winter tyre ;)

Seriously, I doubt 145/35R20 tyre even exists so I think that @Poor old Dad may have meant 245/35R20 :rolleyes:

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
No wonder there cheap :p

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
Car is going to look like the old dinky cars with that width.....

You're right.

Edited for accuracy, cheers...

Most people would claim a typo but I actually ordered it with the 145's however they couldn't supply wooden spoke rims.

Obviously a deal breaker.

Poor old Dad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais V
Sounds like a rock solid deal. I think we are getting another Costco in the SE, near Ipswich... Better than the 2.5 hour drive I have to Northlakes now!

Yeah, I'm about 15 mins away from North Lakes.

Just noticed your profile pic. How long in the navy?