Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Price Of Oil?

48-215

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajerodore
I’ll say it again even though it won’t sink in. OPEC as an entity does not sell oil in Australia, hence they are not subject to Australian laws.

That’s a pretty big distinction (when you say there isn’t one) from your initial point that Australian law should prevent them from being a cartel.
So if a US conglomerate, and an OS competitor got together under the banner of an organisation to collude on prices set in Aus, theres nothing Australian Law can do because that organisation is not the member entities?

So Telstra, and Vodafone could **** off to NZ, or Fiji and collude on prices under the label of an organisation called FUCKEM, and theres nothing Australian laws could do to them? You would have to wonder why any business would comply with Australian law. Seriously, youre delusional. Our governments just allow it, are bought and paid for. OPEC is the evidence of the collusion of the States in question, and or companies that exist therein and act in compliance with OPECs meetings. OPEC can make whatever lunch decision it likes Its well within the power of the Australian government to ban them trading here for reasons of collusion and anti competitive behaviour.

Someone needs to tell Microsoft, Amazon and Google to form a cartel and tell the Australian Government to FUCKEMTOO.

It wont sink in because youre being obtuse trying to win yourself tonights internet on semantics.

Russia sits at the same table with OPEC members and are themselves part of OPEC+. The only distinction between them being a plus sign!

They didn’t call it OPEC+ because they like to catch up and have a chat about the latest cross stitch patterns! It’s called OPEC+ because it does exactly the same shite that the regular OPEC does!
Psst, if OPEC was now OPEC+, then the name OPEC would be retired. Look it up, OPEC, no plus, still exists. OPEC+ is described as a loose alliance between NON OPEC countries and OPEC.

I sat at the same table as my parents. Didnt mean I owned their car.

Last edited:

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Henry Kissinger made a deal with the OPEC in the 70s, that all the oil sold around the world has to be bought in USDs. By doing so, it created a demand for USDs and force other nations to buy USD Bonds (debt). Sadam tried to sell in Euros and shît happens bro. Anyway, the cool thing about it, the Russians did not intervene, and in Afghanistan.

It's gone all quiet over in Syria and Iran these days.....

While all the eye balls are on the new drama, there are oil and gas pipelines on the work through Syria and Turkey. The other one is the Leviathan Gas Field that lays off the coast of Israel. Note who is the operator. Of course we want to shut off the Russian oil and gas.
Screenshot_20220301-082216_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Someone needs to tell Microsoft, Amazon and Google to form a cartel and tell the Australian Government to FUCKEMTOO.

The NSA (US Gov) has a building in Renton where the MS HQs is located, they work together. Amazon started as a book store and later as some as eBay for people to sell or sorts of stuff. Google started as an Open Source search engine, we all know where they at now. If anybody paid attention, they all took off like wildfire. Started to happen after 2010. The US Pressie Obama had a meeting in San Francisco with Jobs, Schmit, Bezos, Zuckerberg, Dorsie, Ballmer, and some others that I cannot remember at this point. The Gov provided the tech giants with Cash and Law protections (Title 47 Section 230). Now you see the fruits these trees are bearing. Facebook is just a rebrand of LifeLog (DARPA).

Here is some to look into... In-Q-Tel. If they cannot make it, they will buy it.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Henry Kissinger made a deal with the OPEC in the 70s, that all the oil sold around the world has to be bought in USDs. By doing so, it created a demand for USDs and force other nations to buy USD Bonds (debt). Sadam tried to sell in Euros and shît happens bro.
Same deal with Iran as well. They were going to sell their oil in Euros. The biggest threat to the US is the collapse of the petrodollar and the US military a lot of the time is used to prevent that happening.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
So if a US conglomerate, and an OS competitor got together under the banner of an organisation to collude on prices set in Aus, theres nothing Australian Law can do because that organisation is not the member entities?

So Telstra, and Vodafone could **** off to NZ, or Fiji and collude on prices under the label of an organisation called FUCKEM, and theres nothing Australian laws could do to them? You would have to wonder why any business would comply with Australian law. Seriously, youre delusional. Our governments just allow it, are bought and paid for. OPEC is the evidence of the collusion of the States in question, and or companies that exist therein and act in compliance with OPECs meetings. OPEC can make whatever lunch decision it likes Its well within the power of the Australian government to ban them trading here for reasons of collusion and anti competitive behaviour.

It wont sink in because youre being obtuse trying to win yourself tonights internet on semantics.

Psst, if OPEC was now OPEC+, then the name OPEC would be retired. Look it up, OPEC, no plus, still exists. OPEC+ is described as a loose alliance between NON OPEC countries and OPEC.

I sat at the same table as my parents. Didnt mean I owned their car.
All the members of OPEC are sovereign countries operating outside of Australia, thus Australian law does not apply to them. Their setup would be highly illegal here but the Australian government can’t do anything about it even if they wanted to.

Sovereign countries are above the law. Good old Putin is making a very good demonstration of this fact right now.

“Economists often cite OPEC as a textbook example of a cartel that cooperates to reduce market competition, but one whose consultations are protected by the doctrine of state immunity under international law.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OPEC

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
OPEC doesn't set a price for the product only how much oil they supply. Markets set the price.

Same applies to the price of milk here in NZ. Fontera doesn't charge NZers a separate price, no prices are based on world market prices because NZ is a tarrif free, free market economy.

This is how a world market economy works even though it sucks.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Can you believe that even coffee beans, the main ingredient in your morning fix is traded on a futures market. The poor bean farmer gets almost nothing for their products whilst traders sitting in an office somewhere reap the profits from pushing keys on a keyboard. It's a sad world.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Can you believe that even coffee beans, the main ingredient in your morning fix is traded on a futures market. The poor bean farmer gets almost nothing for their products whilst traders sitting in an office somewhere reap the profits from pushing keys on a keyboard. It's a sad world.

When I went to Costa Rica we visited a coffee plantation. The coffee plant grows on hilly terrain. People from neighbor countries they come to pick coffee beans. They get paid $2 USDs per 25 lbs basket of coffee. A good picker can make about 25 baskets a day. Might look simple but is not an easy task and super dificult to automate.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
I read at least 2 years ago that China has bypassed the US$ and brokered a deal with Iran to purchase oil, with gold.
China has also been building their gold reserves steadily, every ounce of gold mined in China, stays in China, plus they purchase gold from offshore, this is real gold bullion....not gold derivatives - aka; speculative paper gold
China also needs this gold to hedge against their vast purchases of US Treasury Notes, which was required to prop up the Yuan.
Russia is an energy powerhouse in its own right.

I am in the same page. Some is up with Gold. Few years ago was shown a Russian vault filled with Gold, and a pic of Putin holding an ingot. Heard about the Chinese buying Gold too.

What I see is a world central banks disaster happening very soon and confidence need to be restored. So the people go back to the same paper non backed currencies, or some like a currency backed by a commodity?

I do not know, whatever is, all the leaders of all nations are doing all the necessary steps, to wreck the global economy. Makes you wonder, is that by plan or just shear incompetence; maybe both.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Launceston has hit $2.26 for 98, yet I can buy it near home, 30 mins away, in a small town for 17cpl less, go figure?? It's not just crude driving up prices, it's price gouging at its finest here.