Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Android TV not powering up?

White beast 2023

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore
Hello everyone I've got major problems with a Android JVC 40 inch TV I've had this tv since late January haven't had any problems I just moved locations , I just realised earlier today that the TV is not turning on, using the remote control I've tried all the steps which is turning off playing with the remote and all that stuff nothing has worked.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem otherwise I'm going to have to just replace this TV all together it's still on warranty but I honestly don't think it's going to fix the problem with the warranty.

P.s. I do have a red stand by light that is working it gave does electricity or power but the problem is it's not actually turning on properly with the remote control
Thanks

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Try disconnecting the power for bout 20 secs , i had same problem the other day after i did the android update

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
have you tried the actual on/off switch on the tv

White beast 2023

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore
have you tried the actual on/off switch on the tv
Yes I have several times plus change the batteries on the remote nothing has worked, I've also turn the power off at this place where I'm living and it still hasn't worked it's just got a red light on the TV on standby and as I have said previously the connectivity from the remote to the red light is not connecting it all to boot up the TV.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Hmm doesnt sound good , but i'll leave you with a funny story of a mate of mine who said his tv was stuffed and remote wouldn't work untill i told him to move the ornament that was in front of the infra-red receiver of the tv. He thought red light was where the receiver was. Use the warranty , they might just replace the whole tv

White beast 2023

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore
Hmm doesnt sound good , but i'll leave you with a funny story of a mate of mine who said his tv was stuffed and remote wouldn't work untill i told him to move the ornament that was in front of the infra-red receiver of the tv. He thought red light was where the receiver was. Use the warranty , they might just replace the whole tv
So I should leave it until Monday or Tuesday.

I'm going to get leave it 24 hours or overnight,and leave the TV off in till I wake up tomorrow morning and try again unfortunately gonna have to either use my phone or my laptop the entertainment tonight.

White beast 2023

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore
I finally got the TV working left it virtually all of last night and then turned it on and it worked I'm going to leave it on for a little while so I actually starts working properly.

Reactions: Lex

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I finally got the TV working left it virtually all of last night and then turned it on and it worked I'm going to leave it on for a little while so I actually starts working properly.
What did you do different, if anything?