Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
That is utter BS, the CEO makes sure **** gets done.
And to your point about paying money back, well you answered your own question, as quite a fair amount of the bonus is usually in stocks, if they fail the stock price will fall.
Well that is your opinion. I've known a few CEO's and MD's in my time, I've seen good ones and I've seen **** ones, more off the later unfortunately.

The thing with stock options is, you take them up when stocks are up. You don't sell when stocks are down. So no, a temporary drop in share price because of a bad yearly result does not result in a loss of income for a CEO. The other problem with stock options is that CEO's will favour higher dividends instead of re-investing into the company or staff because all those shares means more dividends for themselves.

Just look at Musk and Tesla, he doesn't earn a salary, he just gets stock options when the company hits certain targets. Billions of dollars worth and because he's not taken them all up yet and or sold them he's not paid tax on those options/shares.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Yes, this might sound foreign to you but people who make their worth known get that, I get a monthly bonus.

Don’t worry, I used to get bonuses too - from a public agency. All I had to do was do my job and I’d also get an annual bonus for doing my agreed work. One of the perks of being an executive manager.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
This statement proves your ignorance on the subject.

Please clarify. Give us some facts to work with rather than hyperbole.

Current state of nuclear waste in the US?

Last edited:

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
And a video from the 80's where they crash test nuclear transport containers.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Well that is your opinion. I've known a few CEO's and MD's in my time, I've seen good ones and I've seen **** ones, more off the later unfortunately.

The thing with stock options is, you take them up when stocks are up. You don't sell when stocks are down. So no, a temporary drop in share price because of a bad yearly result does not result in a loss of income for a CEO. The other problem with stock options is that CEO's will favour higher dividends instead of re-investing into the company or staff because all those shares means more dividends for themselves.

Just look at Musk and Tesla, he doesn't earn a salary, he just gets stock options when the company hits certain targets. Billions of dollars worth and because he's not taken them all up yet and or sold them he's not paid tax on those options/shares.

Yes but all of that is listed on their reports, so if you invest it's your own damn fault.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
And a video from the 80's where they crash test nuclear transport containers.

Yep, don't drive a car because the steering wheel will impale you....... Oh that's right they fixed that issue.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yep, don't drive a car because the steering wheel will impale you....... Oh that's right they fixed that issue.

What the **** does a car steering wheel have to do with crash testing nuclear transport systems.

Try staying on topic for once.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
No actually you have the glasses on.

Let me let you in on a little secret, no one else knows, Qantas is privately owned, so the government can't compel them to do anything.

Welcome to the 90's old timer.

Do you know the gov't wanted joyce in for an enquiry don't you?

You do know there was an outrage at his bonus for screwing the general public and they wanted him to give it back?

I guess not because of your glasses

And a bonus being an old timer...You consider everything, not pick and choose to suit the discussion

Read this if you can

https://fortune.com/2023/09/20/qant...rement-was-dubbed-the-swindle-of-the-century/

https://www.crikey.com.au/2023/11/2...much was Alan Joyce's,the helm of the company.

And this

https://www.afr.com/companies/trans...tended-absence-from-australia-20240206-p5f2xb

Last edited:

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Anyone remember those nuclear waste shipments that used to transit via the Tasman Sea?

Even managed to find a old news story about it.

You have to wonder what,

The fuel was shipped to Japan three years ago but the British Government-owned British Nuclear Fuels, BNFL, admitted faking safety records and was ordered to take the cargo back.

Was all about?