Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need to have a cars for sale section

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
but in support of the single sale section, if people titled their threads properly and adheared to the posting guides ( as most try to ) it would reduce clutter considerably
i couldnt agree more. it pisses me off when someone posts a thread title like:

f.s: assorted parts
super low springs
or
Front Discs Dro17

i mean, what the hell do they think... if people cant work out exactly what you are trying to sell and what it suits they wont bother opening it.

Lexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II S/C S
but in support of the single sale section, if people titled their threads properly and adheared to the posting guides ( as most try to ) it would reduce clutter considerably

True, but you still have to take the time to read each and every title to know what the thread is about. It would be alot easier to look for cars in the car section and parts in the parts section.

i mean, what the hell do they think... if people cant work out exactly what you are trying to sell and what it suits they wont bother opening it.

Agreed

vr5speed

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr s1 5 speed
i understand wat u mean i use 5-6 forums and they all have there own cars forsale section and is so much easyer to find parts i know of a few ppl who go to find parts and give up y not do a trail run and see wat ppl think of it. or put cars stolen and parts stolen as 1 section and that gives you a spare section to make as cars forsale section problem fixed no extra sections to watch/manage

vr5speed

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr s1 5 speed
so how bout that idea as there r only 10 or so threads in total in those sections so i see them as a waste of time

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
You might not see them as a waste of time, but the people who have used them to date have made use of them.

Its not the number of sub-forums that is the issue, its the sheer amount of posts made in the for sale section that require moderating, by making another section you are thereby relying on people to get their post in the right section to start with which creates another workload for the mods/admin to check and move posts around.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I personally think its fine how it is, considering jc's is a commodore forum and not a free classifieds website :)

vy_storm

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
That begs the question (i don't expect an answer), out of the for sale listings what percentage actually sold through JC? Me wonders whether any change is warranted?

Lexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II S/C S
That begs the question (i don't expect an answer), out of the for sale listings what percentage actually sold through JC? Me wonders whether any change is warranted?
Nice attitude. You ever got "Salesperson of the Year"? You're definately a motivated ideas man.
Perhaps the "percentage actually sold through JC" would increase with a better layout for prospective buyers to look through, therefore increasing the membership due to popularity and ease of use??
However, as Julie said, this is a Commodore forum and not a classifieds website and these are just the forum users opinions and ideas.
Well, I'd love to stay, but I need parts for my Commo so I had better get over to the other forum to look for them. Bye now!! :D

vy_storm

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
Nice attitude. You ever got "Salesperson of the Year"? You're definately a motivated ideas man.
Perhaps the "percentage actually sold through JC" would increase with a better layout for prospective buyers to look through, therefore increasing the membership due to popularity and ease of use??
However, as Julie said, this is a Commodore forum and not a classifieds website and these are just the forum users opinions and ideas.
Well, I'd love to stay, but I need parts for my Commo so I had better get over to the other forum to look for them. Bye now!! :D
Hey, I'm all for new ideas and forward thinking, but am also one for picking all ideas to pieces. Ever heard of the phrase "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"? That one of my philosophies in my life outside of JC. I'd hate to see the above changes made and make bugger all difference to the way it is now and in the process create more un-necessary work for the people in the background here.

As you can see from some of the responses above, it has been looked into, and if there is overwhelming support from those who run the site I'm sure the ideas will be taken on board.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
JC is not big enough to warrent so many sub categories. its pointless seperating something which only gets (maybe) 10 new listings per day.

ebay links are also pissing me off and im seriously considering deleting all of them. if someone cant be bothered typing out their listing to comply with the site rules then why should they be able to post at all. it isnt hard, takes 5 minutes out of your day. a person shouldnt have to go to another site in order to obtain information which SHOULD be listed anyway