Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Detailing Tips & Tricks....

VYBec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
I need some advice on a good car detailer. I have finally moved to a house with a garage so its time to get the car back up to scratch. Dont have time to do it myself so want to get a proper detailer to do it. There's heaps in yellow pages etc but you never know what they are like till the jobs done and your cash is gone. So I want to know if anyone can recommend a good detailer, from experience, in Sydney. Preferably North West area but happy to travel for a good job.
Thanks!

Hi bc77, I work in a car yard in St Marys.. Our detailer is tops :thumbsup: The name is Apollo car care its located at 20 Nepean St Cranebrook and the number is 0412343751.. I know its out west but they do a fantastic job and are great value too.. They come and pick the cars up from our place and drop them off too so maybe you can sort something out with them?? A full detail to us is worth $121 but I'm sure its more for a private customer..

VYBec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
Needing to know...
I smoke in my car.. my bad.. :whistling anyhoo, the air con is starting to smell pretty bad for the first few minutes of turning it on after a day in the sun.. any suggestions.. other than stop smoking in my car!! :p

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Needing to know...
I smoke in my car.. my bad.. :whistling anyhoo, the air con is starting to smell pretty bad for the first few minutes of turning it on after a day in the sun.. any suggestions.. other than stop smoking in my car!! :p

Does it only smell bad in recirculate mode or fresh air as well? I believe there might be a replacable cabin filter but not sure where it's located.

VYBec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
I think its both scooter.. Thanx, I'll look into that cabin filter..
Cheers
Bec

leon archer

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz executive
detailing a car should never take 5-6 hours it takes up to 2 hours to fully detail a car maybe 3 hours for a outback used ute from up north they where the worst i have ever done

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
detailing a car should never take 5-6 hours it takes up to 2 hours to fully detail a car maybe 3 hours for a outback used ute from up north they where the worst i have ever done

You have got to be kidding me?!?!? Detailing doesn't just mean a wash and a vacuum. Most daily drivers will have swirls in the clear coat that need to be removed. This may not be so noticable on white cars but on dark colours and especially black ones it shows like you wouldn't believe. You can't just slap on a layer of polish and say your done. If you want it done properly you need to remove those defects. Swirls will hinder reflections and gloss and most times the only way to get it back will be with via machine buffing. A cutting compound to eliminate the swirls. Another compound to remove any hazing or marring caused by the cutting and restore deep reflections and finally a good quality wax. That would be at a minimum. Most daily used cars would greatly benefit from a clay bar too. You seriously trying to tell me that you could do all of that in a space of 2 - 3 hours? Trying telling that to 'Driven by shine' who is a new member here. He adds quite a bit of information on a notable detailing forum. Have a look at his website http://www.drivenbyshine.com.au and see some of his before and after photos. There's different levels of 'detailing' but to say "detailing a car should never take 5-6 hours" is a pretty naieve and silly thing to say.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine

I spend 2 - 3 hours minimum for a club cruise. If I am displaying the car I start very early in the morning the day before and spend the entire day to fully detail the car inside and out. I recently had her done professionally and they spent from 8.30am till 4.30pm on my car.

C.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Out of curiosity Clair what does that set you back? Do you take it to them?

I know for a cruise I usually kill a day without any problems at all and that's not including the engine bay other than plastic bits I want shiny.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Darren,

I got a discount for being a member of the club I belong to, but I understand it's less than $200 for the service I got. I will pm you the Company that did it as I understand that we don't allow advertising on here.

I highly recommend this Company and if anyone else is interested in having a very professional job done on their car, feel free to pm me and ask.

C.

leon archer

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz executive
i have been detailing cars for awile now i should know all about detailing a car i have been detailing private and car yard cars i done work for subaru bmw car yards all around the city (melbourne) and major auctions and never in my life have i seen anyone take 5 hours to detail a car