Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

so my car was unregistered..

lockmac

Reaction score
Got pulled over today because my P plate was missing (my brother had taken it and im gonna kill him now!), and the cop tells me that my registration is 10 days overdue... which i had no idea it was even close to being due... never received anything in the mail about renewal... $551!!! not happy, the most annoying thing was i got home, and a letter from vicroads telling me that the car was no longer registered because i hadn't renewed was on the table... it took almost a whole week for that letter to come in the mail...

if only aussie post were a bit quicker, then i woulda realised and payed the registration.. aww shoulda known it was due

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
ermmm....people do not know when their registration is due? Sorry but ignorance is not an excuse for not paying it back when it was due.

lockmac

Reaction score
ermmm....people do not know when their registration is due? Sorry but ignorance is not an excuse for not paying it back when it was due.

not trying to make excuses at all

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
Dont know what state you are in but in Vic we get our renewal 6 weeks before they are due.

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
Well over a month here in SA. I know when when mine is due everytime as I have to budget for the $800 they slug me per year.

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
Well over a month here in SA. I know when when mine is due everytime as I have to budget for the $800 they slug me per year.

Geez why so much?I pay about half that.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon

Well i know if i didnt get my letter i wouldnt remember my rego is due. The whole point of sending the letters out is to say "Hey Give VicRoads More Money On This Date"

I get my letter and I pin it to the back off my bedroom door so ill see it every morning.

Im still registered in Queensland, so my dad gets my Rego Renewal thing and sends it to me asap, Ive been pulled over with an expired sticker before, cause ive been waiting for my dad to send my new one down. Sure the copper gives me the 20 questions routine, but i have a reciept in the glovebox showing that i have indeed paid it. Once i pull that out they shut their traps and i go along my merry way.

berlitza05

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve wagon
Got pulled over today because my P plate was missing (my brother had taken it and im gonna kill him now!), and the cop tells me that my registration is 10 days overdue... which i had no idea it was even close to being due... never received anything in the mail about renewal... $551!!! not happy, the most annoying thing was i got home, and a letter from vicroads telling me that the car was no longer registered because i hadn't renewed was on the table... it took almost a whole week for that letter to come in the mail...

if only aussie post were a bit quicker, then i woulda realised and payed the registration.. aww shoulda known it was due

ooouuuucchhhhhhh,, ow well it happenz been there done that and paid it orf