Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

poor dyno result

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
hmm, 164hp. not that crash hot for whats been done, a stocko (VS) usually makes 150hp on the dyno or there abouts.
have you got a scanner or something to post up the dyno sheet? im curious as to how it looks.
all i could say is take the gas stuff outa there, and then when you want to sell the car you can re-install it...either that or just sell the gas system...i dunno.

yeh my thoughts exactly. might have to get rid of the mixer and just run it like a standard petrol engine. ill go to the wreckers tomorrow and have a look then go get a power run done. i was shocked when i herd the results. the whole process seems like such a waste of time and money. they car does feel pretty awesome to drive though its getting pretty damn quick.

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
maybe run a twin T/B setup with electric throttlebodies liek the VZ's run... im sure an auto elec could hook some up so you can switch the T/B's on at seperate times... so when on petrol it used the T/B without the mixer?
pedal position sensors are pretty basic... works like a fuel gauge and sender unit if you get what i mean?
would be alot of messing around but it could work:p

yeh scott actully mentioned that too me said he did it for a client. he said it was very messy though and theres a lot of stuffing around.

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
M

magnumv8

Had a mate with the twin throttle bodied gas research kit fitted to his 454 powered XJ6, big engine but it loved the gas!

Gotta agree with what most have said get rid of the gas unless you're willing to spend a lot of $$$ to get it to where you want it.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
yeh my thoughts exactly. might have to get rid of the mixer and just run it like a standard petrol engine. ill go to the wreckers tomorrow and have a look then go get a power run done. i was shocked when i herd the results. the whole process seems like such a waste of time and money. they car does feel pretty awesome to drive though its getting pretty damn quick.

it would feel good to drive from the torque increase gained with the cam, but lack the top end power (good dyno figures) due to the bad air flow through the gas mixer.
torque is what you want though.....no point having a car that makes good figures on a dyno if it aint got the torque where you want it.

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
it would feel good to drive from the torque increase gained with the cam, but lack the top end power (good dyno figures) due to the bad air flow through the gas mixer.
torque is what you want though.....no point having a car that makes good figures on a dyno if it aint got the torque where you want it.

so ur saying with the mixer on its making more torque??

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
no, no quite. i mean that it would go well and feel fast like you said, because it would have a nice torque increase from the cam. but, it wont make good figures on a dyno, because thats all about top end power and the mixer hinders the flow of air for good top end result. you get what i mean?