Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

poor dyno result

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
ok guys my cars just come bak from the tuners and he said all it mad as 123kws!!! now thats **** with all the work ive done. he said the major reason was cos of my gas mixer as its a huge restriction. Is there any way i can over come this without getting rid of my gas setup. he said removing it would give me 15kws on the dyno anyways but i dont wanna get rid of gas. any help would be great thanks

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
well if ya unrestrict it and get to 140 thats good for v6 with those mods
p/p head make it flow nicer
is it tuned for gas pertol or both
you should pick one or the other

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Gas....... Theres your problem
Why do you want a powerful car.... but then have gas?
Its either power or being a tightass your choice
123kw isnt bad for a 6 anyway

VLDavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
lc torana. vn v8. ke30.mazda 1300.
lol 123kw v6 on gas is pretty good lol.....

meh if u are really concerned about more power why not go the blower way...

or it will come down to the crunch of geting rid of the gas

johnvtls1

Reaction score
Members Ride
E92 BWM 335I
yeh 140 was my goal id be fairly happy with that. 123 is crap cos its got a cam and port and polised heads. its not about being a tight arse i got the car with the gas no point in devaluing the car. but im just wondering if theres a way this can be overcome thats all. im gonna give it a run without the mixer and see how it runs in the meantime

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
maybe run a twin T/B setup with electric throttlebodies liek the VZ's run... im sure an auto elec could hook some up so you can switch the T/B's on at seperate times... so when on petrol it used the T/B without the mixer?
pedal position sensors are pretty basic... works like a fuel gauge and sender unit if you get what i mean?
would be alot of messing around but it could work:p

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
hmm, 164hp. not that crash hot for whats been done, a stocko (VS) usually makes 150hp on the dyno or there abouts.
have you got a scanner or something to post up the dyno sheet? im curious as to how it looks.
all i could say is take the gas stuff outa there, and then when you want to sell the car you can re-install it...either that or just sell the gas system...i dunno.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I suspect all the stuff you have done to your car will de-value it in most peoples eyes far more than no gas ever will. The vast majority of car buyers will choose stock over modified every time (well your version of modified anyway) and the balance will view it with a healthy dose of skepticism anyway. Not dissing your mods, just thems the facts. Now, with that in mind, ditch your gas and if it is that important to you keep it to re-install later when you sell the car.

Reaper

cruzn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr Commodore
Find a way to run two ecu's with two memcals. One for gas and one for pertol. That way you will have the proper factory tuning for pertol, and gas tuning for gas. This is a bit of a hard option, however possible. Another option would be running injected gas, you still lose power though but less.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Just get a gas research carby on it and forget about the petrol?