Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx ss ls1 fuel economy

gmhvr-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport R8
Hey guys im looking into buying a vx ss and i was wondering what the fuel economy is like from a ls1.
How many k's from a full tank are u getting?

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
I have a VX SS auto, on a trip it is brilliant but not so flash around town.
Last weekend I did a trip to Northern Victoria I did 485km on the trip and I had over a quarter of a tank of fuel left when I got home, computer said I still had 190km to empty, this was cruising at 110km with the cruise on, so they are very good on the highway, I worked it out on the refill that it was around the 10lt per 100km, never really worked it out around town but would think it would be maybe in the low to mid teens per 100km, depends how hard on the go peddle you are and how bad traffic is, would not surprise me to see high teens in bad traffic short burst or giving it a bit. They have a 75 litre tank by the way.

SICK SS

7L 427ci BABY
Reaction score
Members Ride
427 ci vu ss a4 ve ssv a6
i drove my blown vu ss from mackay to gladstone and got 8.8L/100km last weekend

gmhvr-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport R8
Does anyone have any figures on mixed city and hwy driving?
on the trip computer it should say ltrs used for how many k's

angelo.vs

Autobot
Reaction score
Members Ride
Honda Accord Euro Luxury
13.4-13.6 for me around suburbia.

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
get a tune and you'll see better fuel economy than an ecotec. im speaking from experience. city its marginally better, highway its so good, i have seen it in the high 6L's per hundred but not unusual to hover in the high 7's low 8's.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I average currently 11.3 with all city driving. Average speed of 43 km/h. this is based on about 1500 km's.(Lets see those V6 guys get economy like that and make the same power :D)

When im doing hwy + city average is well below 10, I am able to do 4 return trips to Melbourne quite easily and i live on the wrong side of geelong when it comes to going to melb. If you buy any LSx make sure you have it tuned, else you are just pouring money down the drain.

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
better to do the exhaust and cai then tune but you can always get it "touched up later" best bang for your buck the tune. money you WILL get back.