Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Car Was Hit By a Golf Ball, What To Do? ?

Ride
    VS III Ute - Work Car

Default My Car Was Hit By a Golf Ball, What To Do? ?

Hey all,

Couple months ago I drove past the local golf course, wen WHAM, golf ball bounces off the bonnet!!!
    Went up to the club house, being a public hol, no one from admin was there.
    Had to chase them up, lady on the fone told me to get a quote and send a statment of what happened with the quote, (I also send in pictures) and she said they would cover the costs.

I received a letter back from them stating that they would not cover the costs for people playing on their course.

Now my question is, does any1 no whether I can take this further. More so for the point of the matter now. I was talking to a mate, he said go to a lawer and get them to write a letter of demand, and demand for payment!

Any help or ideas would be great!!!!

Cheers, Keegan.
    Allons-y!

goombeast Guest

Get pics,documentation and all relevant facts,witnesses if any.Go to the clerk of petty sessions at the local courthouse and fill in a statutory declaration which can be purchased at local newsagent for around 50 cents or under.Write out a statement about what happenned and get a J.P. to sign it.Ask the clerk how to lodge an application for small claims and pay your $50 and he`ll put you in the register,they will be summonsed to appear.With the cost of downtime,solicitor,hassle etc.They will probably pay up right away.No you don`t need a solicitor.Just go to the courthouse and they`ll set you right.You`ll get your $50 bucks back and they will have to pay court costs on top as well so I reckon they`ll settle.

Good luck......
    " Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out "

Ride
    VP Executive R-spec

I'm pretty sure it's standard for all golf courses to pay for this kind of thing, Broken house windows and all that, at least they do where I live and so they should. They would have insurance for this kind of thing and worse, for example I wouldn't want to cop a golf ball in the eye as I walked past a golf course : )

Ride
    VS V6 TwinTurbo/VT SS Manual/Hayabusa

Unfortunately The Golf Course Is Not Responsible. Stupid But This Shit Happens All The Time. Anyway Golf Courses Have Alot Of Money Therefore Have Good Lawyers. I Would'nt Mess With Em. What I Would Have Done Was Hunted The Golfer That Did It Down And Harass Him!

vkberlina is offline VK Madman
    Ride
    VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b

Shouldnt the golf course have some legal responsibility to keep the golf balls on the course? like a duty of care?

Talk to your insurance company even if your only 3rd party property they may be able to offer some legal advice but my opinion is they should be liable, just like if a shopping trolly hits your car the trolly collection company is liable for the damage.

cheers
    Scott

Loads of VB-VK information, All you need to know about EFI 5L Conversions Ultimate EFI 5L Conversion resource "

Ride
    VS V6 TwinTurbo/VT SS Manual/Hayabusa

but the golf ball hit his car on the road. its not the golf courses property then.

Ride
    2x VS

Buy yourself a cheap motocrosser then err...you get the picture...?

Instant concrete mix in the sand trap ?

Pay to get in and hit a few balls at the clubhouse ?

not helping much am I ?...

I cant help but feel vindictive when something like this happens...
    Last edited by sixshooter; 29-12-2005 at 11:17 PM.
    Disclaimer For The Reader ::
    The information I provide is freely given to ONLY help you with thinking on problem solutions. IT IS NOT a "How To Do It Guide".

If you read ANY of my supplied information and use ANY of it you must accept and agree to do so AT YOUR OWN RISK
    or do not use the information at all

I accept NO liability if you damage your or anyone elses property or cause any harm to yourself or others with the information provided.
    I am NOT a Mechanic. You have been warned.

Pretender is offline Brain function fading .
    Ride
    Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???

Unfortunately the Golf Club is not held responsible if there is fencing along all fairways that are near roads but it does have a duty of care to attempt to identify the Golfer who hit the wayward ball (near impossible). In WA the fences are required to be 3 metres high which even a poor golfer will clear easily. As was said before approach a Lawyer or seek legal aid and inform the club of your intended action. This sometimes worries them into paying up and use the term "Duty of Care".

Ride
    VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN

golf balls have dimples on them so they go faster and further.

i'd take the car back to the golf course and get more little golf ball dents. Might have the same effect.
    ECOTEC KICKED IN yO!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast