Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SLR Camera

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Well, finally getting the chance to go buy my camera(which i was going to buy last November) problem i face now is I am not sure which to buy.

I have been looking at the Canon EOS 400D and the Nikon D40. Don't want to spend more than this as it will mainly just be used at parties etc. Can get a package deal with everything for both(tripod, bag, merory sticks extra lenses etc) where the nikon is $180 cheaper. Not meach really. Oh and the Olympus E-510 is also in the mix :p

Can anyone tell me from experience which i should go for? I have experience with film SLR's, not digital.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Canon EOS 400D all the way. I'm getting one, my mate who is a photographer had the 350D and its an awesome camera to use. On a photo forum I go on they told me about this website to buy cameras from...

Discount Digital Photographics: Welcome!

That site is more expensive than where I am going lol!!!

I think I have decided ont he Canon though..only because of looks.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Buying through a Camera shop down here in geelong. Buying the twin lens kit for $998, 2 exra lens one wide angle, one telephoto about $2200 for those 2.

Want a macro lens but mrs is already angry enough :(

Kikki

WA Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.christielynphotography.com
Members Ride
08 VE SSV Sportswagon & 03 VY S Pac
LMAO! I am going to get into photography eventually, so hubby is happy for me to earn some extra $$, I love the 350D I have a few shots which are amazing!

Let me know what shop it is, I have my Nan in Bannockburn (30 minutes past Fyansford) and she could pick it up and freight for me. AND hopefully in May I am driving over, so might save me some $$.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
LMAO! I am going to get into photography eventually, so hubby is happy for me to earn some extra $$, I love the 350D I have a few shots which are amazing!

Let me know what shop it is, I have my Nan in Bannockburn (30 minutes past Fyansford) and she could pick it up and freight for me. AND hopefully in May I am driving over, so might save me some $$.

lol, i kno wbannockburn we are building there next year(own 5acres out the back on the hamilton hwy side)

Kikki

WA Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.christielynphotography.com
Members Ride
08 VE SSV Sportswagon & 03 VY S Pac
Nice town hey! Cant believe how big it is now! I lived on Burnside Rd.... YES on a Steggles farm lol. I lived in Inverleigh for about 8 years and loved it! My family is pretty well known there, we have a pretty big farm on Hamilton highway, My great uncle is Mayor of the Golden Plains shire :D

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
400D is a pretty good camera, I've got a 350D and I'm thinking about ditching it soon to upgrade to the 40D.

You do realise you just got yourself into a very expensive hobby?

And I'd suggest B&H in america, while the AUD is up to 94c American. If it keeps climbing I'll be spending up big I think.

99% of camera shops in Australia can't match B&H. As long as it's under 1000 and no tax is paid, then you're generally safe.

For example, new lens I'm buying, 650 here, plus 15 post.

499USD, + 45 post. Ends up being around 590 I think by the time I pay all the costs associated with it.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Got that very same camera last week. Well my wife did. And what's hers is mine and what's mine is mine! :yeah: