Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SLR Camera

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Got that very same camera last week. Well my wife did. And what's hers is mine and what's mine is mine! :yeah:

:rofl: mrs said the same thing to me tonight.

I ended up getting the canon. I think i need to RTFM though :(

I prefer point and click lol.

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
My wife does photography as part of her work. She swears by Nikon. But there are SLR lenses that are just as good a quality as Nikon but cheaper like Sigma.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
:rofl: mrs said the same thing to me tonight.

I ended up getting the canon. I think i need to RTFM though :(

I prefer point and click lol.

Yeah I'm the same. I think I've only ever used my 35mm SLR in auto mode. But I might have a play around with this one to see if I can get all arty farty! :)

Wife is doing a short course so maybe she can give me some tips. Only interested in taking photos of my car.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Yeah I'm the same. I think I've only ever used my 35mm SLR in auto mode. But I might have a play around with this one to see if I can get all arty farty! :)

Wife is doing a short course so maybe she can give me some tips. Only interested in taking photos of my car.

Thats all i bought mine for. Also for when im at the F1 and Phillip Island etc.

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
Next time I get paid I'll be buying a new camera :) A former professional photographer friend of mine has recommended the Pentax K100D Super to me, after hearing that it will be a hobby and nothing more. It may only be 6.1 megapixels, but 3008 x 2008 is easily big enough anyway :p

I reckon I'll be getting the camera body + Sigma 18-50mm lens kit, around $680 for that, and also get a Sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro telephoto zoom lens. Pretty decent lens considering how cheap it is, at only ~$300.

Does anybody have any experience with this camera or these lenses? I'm pretty confident in the quality of them after listening to my mate for a while, just wondering if anyone on here has any experience also.

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Sigma lenses are excellent quality

badaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VX S
Minux I've got a cousin in Geelong who is right into cannon camera's and has bought some stuff for his from oversea's if your interested I can give you his number. He is very good with this type of stuff.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Minux I've got a cousin in Geelong who is right into cannon camera's and has bought some stuff for his from oversea's if your interested I can give you his number. He is very good with this type of stuff.

What part of geelong is he at? What sort photography etc?

badaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VX S
He's in Bell Park. He's into all types its a hobbie for him. He's only around onthe weekends at the moment he's working in Warnabool during the week. He like his car's camera's and stereo's all the expensive hobbie's. You may of seen his ute around its a blue FPV Pusuit ute on 20inch wheels with the rego FATFPV.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
He's in Bell Park. He's into all types its a hobbie for him. He's only around onthe weekends at the moment he's working in Warnabool during the week. He like his car's camera's and stereo's all the expensive hobbie's. You may of seen his ute around its a blue FPV Pusuit ute on 20inch wheels with the rego FATFPV.

I think i have seen a car like that but i live in Warrnambool lol. Mrs reckons the one we saw had different rego though. Is it the change colour purple-blue type thing?