Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

02vycommo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 vy v6 executive wagon
hey guys
i have a 02 v6 vy with a mystery electrical issue

3 times in the last 4 months it has cut out while driving and restarts but badly miss firing and stalls after a second or 2.

the first time playing with engine control and fuel pump relays got it going
the second time i suspected cas after playing with relays failed to work, wiggled cas and cooled it with water and that seemed to do the trick
the 3rd time, today i accelerated then lost power, stalled and i tried all of the things above but nothing.
had a multimeter in the car and noticed one of the 15amp injector fuses was blown... replaced that and cranked, same fuse blew and smoke came from i think the alternator... also radio wont turn of with the keys out and opening and closing drivers door.. ended up disconnecting the battery and leaving it

not sure if the things i did the first 2 times actually worked or it was luck of the draw and it was something else in the background

*short version*
injector fuse blew, replaced
alternator let smoke out and injector fuse blew again

I'm about out of ideas and don't really want to crank it after the alternator let the smoke out.

Last edited:

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Maybe your alternator is overcharging