Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

03 hothouse VY SS. was twin turbo, now looking at 408ci

malachi_ssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
SOON TO BE VE SSV
hi guys.

bought my car about 12 months ago, was already twin turbo'd. have had a fair few issues with it, replace a lot of items on it.
then i did a couple skids at my burnout comp and 2 rods let go, half of one came through side of block. destroyed basically everything.

SO...

I have been talking to the guys from texas-speed in the US and they are going to help me out with a 408ci long motor. not 100% decide on all the components just yet, but Gary has been so helpful so far.

What I do know so far though is:

Callies Compstar Crank
Callies Compstar H beam rods
Diamond 4.03" -2cc flat top pistons with plasma moly ring set
ARP main stud kit
PRC stage 3 LS6 64cc heads
ARP 12-pt head stud kit
and GM L92/LS3 1.7:1 Rocker arm set with bolts and pedestals.

yet to chose cam, and a few other bits and pieces, but basically everything else I have.

previously the car made 400rwkw and 850nm on the dyno @ morpowa in Adelaide. hoping the new combo will get close to the kw mark and obliterate the torque level :p

prob going to sell some parts i have though as my injectors will prob be overkill for this setup etc.

then I have to get it here, put it in, and trailer it to Adelaide for a tune and run in.

All this whilst trying to save for a wedding is a bit extreme but thats what happens when you buy someone else's half arsed attempt at a performance car lol

will try posting some pics in next couple days.