Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

'03 VY SS Ute

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
Sweet ute. Loving the eye for detail and the work gone into it. Looks great

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
not a fan of the outside colour, but the rest of the car is schmick mate

excellent job, wish my bay looked like yours :(

FLY-346

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ute
cheers for the kind words. if you have any idea's or constructive criticism along the way don't hold back.

wanted braided p/s hoses but couldn't get the angles to look right, made up some hard line instead, and polished that too haha.

got this nice little thing to go on when the time comes too

that's about as up to date as it is. ute currently has no interior, and just getting interest again to finish it after being out of action for 11 months. plans are to re-run all the wiring in the engine bay, fit some nice bits, and see what happens after that. really am thinking of putting some gas on on it for a bit more boogie, will see what it looks like once wiring is complete

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
What manifold is that mate? Looks unreal.

FLY-346

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ute
thanks. it was built by a company called DC&O, not sure if they still do, but they used to do a bit of v8 supercar stuff. tb's are 50mm in diameter.
there are many more options out there now. I bought it probably 5 years ago, back then, the only other options I knew of was the harrop hurricane for the 241 heads.
nothing wrong with the manifold, only the finish that I'm not 100% happy with, but to have my time again I'd probably opt for a Shaun's 8tb setup, it's a complete billet item, has the vacuum chambers in the flanges, get the injectors moved to underneath, would be a sweet looking bit of gear, but when they start at $8,000 for bare manifold only, makes for an exercise you've really got to love to justify it