Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

06 Calais park assist not working

GUS-250

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Calais
Hey guys, new to this forum and need some advise. I just bought a ve Calais v 6.0 and the park assist doesn't work. it has a r8 front bar on it with no sensors in it. As far as I'm aware all Calais v have front and rear sensors. Could this front bar be the problem?

Asmodai78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
You might find they work together, did you replace the front bar or was it like that when you bought it?

GUS-250

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Calais
That's how I got it dude. That's what I was thinking, I think that they may some how talk to each other and if one end is out there both out. I might pull the front bar off on the weekend and have a look at it.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
If you are missing any of the sensors (Front or rear), then the park assist module will throw fault codes and will not work.

It is apparently common for the sensors to fail, (and the problem is only a Tech2 tool can read the fault codes for these things to find out for sure).
So it may have been a case of the previous owner having a problem with one sensor, and thinking stuff it, the park assist doesnt work, so there is no point fitting sensors to the new bar.

Mine hasnt worked for almost 2 years, but I just got it scanned last weekend and found the front right middle sensor is open circuit.
(Hence the park assist module not working for me).

I hope this helps ?

GUS-250

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Calais
Absalute legend! Thanks dude I'll get on to it and let u know. Cheers