Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1/2 a million k's & she's running Like a dog with 3 legs

Rgsyes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec 500k & still going
Hi,
Have put in a 2nd/h CAS 12 mths ago. it starts and idles ok. No longer needs to be cool to start it.
But after having the trans light come on and off intermittently since I replaced the transmission leaking gasket, filter ect. I always kept topping it up ok b4.
Now when I get to 80 odd km's and need to put the foot down ~~~the car goes nowhere & it shakes and shudders but never stalls.
Any suggestions as I dont want to go and just pull apart things from what I have read when they may not be needed.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
Sounds like spark is breaking down. Check your plugs and leads for corrosion or melted spark plug electrodes.

And what the hell are using a second hand CAS for? Its a fifty buck part, get a new OEM one.

darkowen

Reaction score
yep definetytl get a new OEM one it was my problem as well so hopefully can help you

Rgsyes

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm on to it, I have changed the plugs now I think I need to trace the spark back down the lines to check the coil pack then to the cas thanks fella's,

leigh 7005

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sle
just to put this out there is your dip stick in your trans rusty? mine was on long trip the oil was boiling the stupid radiator was leaking into the trans new radiator and trany cooler fixed it

Rgsyes

Reaction score
Members Ride
No the dip stick is ok, Its all making me to want to go for a manual conversion if that can be done. The car itself is in good nick, such a waste. Thanks Leigh

Rgsyes

Reaction score
Members Ride
Can I ask How much for the tranny radiator and cooler did you pay? new or 2nd hd

delfin82

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive s1/ vz berlina
I think youve got the problem with the converter, cause lock up clutches inside the converter could be worn out or damage thats why the car shake, vibrates when it reaches 80 plus or something..

Rgsyes

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well I checked all the electric's, took it up the highway and Wham. Smoke evrywhere, trannyfluid all over the place. Hoses from the radiator changed yesterday. So when I manage to get it home I' hope its a broken line which may have been loosing fluid. OR its a new tranny~~~~i'll keep you posted.