Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1/4 Mile Time

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
cause they got heavier, but they did get more Kw,shorly they would go quicker?

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
QUOTE cause they got heavier, but they did get more Kw,shorly they would go quicker?

Not really much more power in the V6's (until the new motor comes) when you consider what they weigh.

A VN Exec running like new will chop up any newer 6, my VN Exec 5 speed can almost keep up with a Supercharged VT Calais Auto. Both cars totally factory standard. Well.....were

Cheers

Jake

G

Grantis1976

A young guy I use to race with at Willowbank has a 6cyl VN auto. After doing :

FULL Exhust
K&N + cai
new cam and street terra rockers
new chain
run minimal amount of fuel ( less weight )
225 or 235 dunlop BIG $ tyres

13.7 e.t. @ 102.47 mph

hope this can be of some help boys and girls!

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
QUOTE (OSL-060 @ Feb 11 2004, 11:10 AM) V6 Vengeance from street commodores couldn't even get a 14 with a cam, haltech, extractors, exhaust
do you mean 14 flat or into the 14s? flat 14 is pretty quick for a modded commodore isn't it? or are my expectations too low?

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry Jules I meant into the 14's, depends on what the valve springs are like when you slip a cam into such an old motor. The best I've seen was a 13.9 with the exhaust removed. Standard bottom end, only a cam and headwork as internal mods.

Cheers

Jake

B

blacki

The kw rating doesn't really mean much though, It's usually a sales point they just state the peak kw which doesn't really give you an idea of the whole power range. It looks good on paper and makes a sale for HP whores.

The VN has a fairly broad power range and a lot more power down low than the later models that's why VN's can keep up with them (unless, worst case scenario: you're in the wet with an free-wheeling diff, against something with traction control).

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
QUOTE (blacki @ Feb 13 2004, 11:41 AM) (unless, worst case scenario: you're in the wet with an free-wheeling diff, against something with traction control).
So true VN V6 Manual in the wet with an open wheeler, you can't beat anything

Jake