Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

10 Psi Boost

X

XU6 (fLOGINU)

i am thinking about upping the boost in my XU6 in the next month. but i have a few questions i want answered first. Can i put the origional pulley back on without the pulley remover? and can you feel the difference in the 10psi pulley compared to the stock one?
cheers

Storm

Feel The Thunder...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Series 2
the 10PSI pulley is a great mod that you really notice. You will need the pulley remover to put the original pulley back on. If you swap over a couple of times though (remove the hub to get the original pulley back on), the shaft will have a loose fit which could end up in disaster!

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Now what would be nice would be a 6psi pulley to fit the modular wheel :)

6psi for daily (on 95RON)... 10psi for fun (on 98RON)..

10psi is supposed to give another 15-20 ponies..

Only thing that scares me about the boost upgrade is the need for BP ultimate or equiv.

antvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged V6 VT S
really you should be running BP ultimate now. 10psi is fine for daily driving, and you will notice the difference over the stock boost. i run 17psi and cooler, as do many others. mines driven daily and fuel comsumption is still fine. unless you get up it all the time of course.

Tonsta V6 S/C

Reaction score
Website
www.v6supercharged.com.au
Members Ride
VT CALAIS Supercharged V6
mattman said:

Only thing that scares me about the boost upgrade is the need for BP ultimate or equiv.
We have done exactly that :)

6psi, 8psi, 9psi, 10psi and other various sizes all the way to 19psi to fit the Modular/Universal Hub so you can run stock boost and 95RON fuel for when you're wanting to be conservative, and 10psi and 98RON fuel for when you're wanting to have some fun :)

http://www.v6supercharged.com.au/pulley.asp

Regards

Tonsta

cuckoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 twin Turbo
mattman said:

Hey i,m like Ant got all the FIT goodies including FMIC and i have to tell you with a good tune by the right person your fuel consumption is not an issue.

Infact i will go so far as to say i am getting the same if not better from standard
unless off couse you give it some mumbo all the time:D

which i might add it is really hard not too with 270 rwhp soon to be more:D
Cuckoo

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Tonsta V6 S/C said:
We have done exactly that :)

6psi, 8psi, 9psi, 10psi and other various sizes all the way to 19psi to fit the Modular/Universal Hub so you can run stock boost and 95RON fuel for when you're wanting to be conservative, and 10psi and 98RON fuel for when you're wanting to have some fun :)

http://www.v6supercharged.com.au/pulley.asp

Regards

Tonsta

Well you learn something every day! I've never seen anything but 8psi+ on there.

It's certainly something to look at later in the year for me now.. depending on how the petrol bill is going... along with rockers, extractors, tune, does the list end? lol

Cheers,
Matt

mihas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX super6 CALAIS
I have upgraded to my VX Calais supercharged v6 to the Universal Power-up Pulley Kit to 10psi as i noticed a difference overall but dont expect to be thrown of your seat as i had higher expectations. I had emailed FIT to get some questions answered as per below response from them.

BTW, I love the extra wine from the motor when you put the foot down!!!! really sounds balsy but not too loud to be annoying.

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your email and enquiry.

Good to hear you are interested in the Boost Upgrade Kit.

1) The Extra Supercharger Intake Whine only occurs when you are accelerating hard or have the throttle pushed more than half to full way

2) Economy does no change with conservative driving as the supercharger has a bypass vale at low speed low throttle input which conserves fuel. If you floor it and race around everywhere it will use more fuel.

3) Throttle response and acceleration is greatly improved with the boost upgrade kit. Definitely the No:1 Upgrade for Supercharged V6's

4) Nope, car drives as normal, just has more power when you need it :)

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

FIT

FadeToBlack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais L67
Whoa... massive grave digging!

Anyway... FIT (v6supercharged.com) are not the only place to get upgrades for the L67, and (In my opinion) they are overpriced compared to other sources such as Yella Terra or MACE engineering.

-sbxu6-

-=SBXU6=-
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XU6 S2
i own a xu6 aswell, mean while mine is up for sale, check it out on caresales.com but i put 10psi on mine with the changeable pulley system and honest u notice a masive differencem, yet i should have gone about 14 cause the hsv with its enhanced engine parts can easyily handle 14, but for 100 dollars i can go 14, you wont go wrong i still get about 980k's to a tank on a road trip, recently moved from vic to north qld, and that was my average, but if u want to no anything about the xu6's ask me, after this weeked i have touch everything on mine