Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

10second quarter for under 5-10grand................hopefully

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
That would have to be the most common driveline combo at the wreckers right now...
Should be able to pick something up for ****

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 XR6T & 1990 VN dragcar project
Have you been to the wreckers around here? One of them wants $330 for a busted box.

Last edited:

v6 panelvan

Reaction score
Members Ride
wb panelvan
loving the thread mate, will be keeping my on it for updates. keep up the good work!!

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks mate.

Hopefully the turbo turns up today. It's been on it's way to me since the 29th.....

In the mean time here's what the BA did to a driveshaft at it's first run at the drags:

Hopefully the BW78 in the commodore will stand up to a bit more abuse!

I've also bought a set of POID lights (for testing injector/sensor feeds), and a fully sick 5" tacho (as I already have boost, oil temp, oil pressure and water temp gauges).

Starting to get somewhere now.

Also (off-topic) managed to swap the diff in the ute over last night, and got it running again (straight out of the extractors :) ), mate is coming over tonight to weld up some flanges so we can finish off the exhaust.

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo turned up - about damn time.
It's alot of turbo for a T04 body I reckon:

That's a bare seriesII Buick V6 block underneath the turbo & 40mm Wastegate.
4" inlet, 2.5" outlet, & 3" v-band exhaust.

Started doing a bit more work on the body today too.
Pulled the passenger side doors & front guard off, and started to sandblast the undercarriage/inner guards.
I also started to paint strip the engine bay. Friggin works awesome!
Tomorrow I'll finish off sandblasting the passenger side of the car, and finish paint stripping the enginebay.

Once the under carriage/engine bay is all stripped down I'll start with the seam-welding and painting everything with chassis-black.

All things being equal I might have a motor and gearbox turn up during the week - maybe.

RhysMicheal

cop bait
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs manual
hey man been reading your thread i got a vt v6 ecotec engine at home an some other bits an pieces ill get rid of for 100 bucks, the motor was sweet till i crashed it an cooked it once, think i did a head gasket, no knocks or anything , but still runs alright ?? if ya keen im from benalla my number 0409083451