Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

150Db

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
Good stuff

Hallelujah, some good advice :beer chug:

Some highend splits from: Morel, DLS, DynAudio Focal, Hertz, Audison, Crescendo, RE audio, Image Dynamics, Seas etc. Or you could go the DIY speaker route.
Subwoofer: I'd probably recommend an Image Dynamics IDMAX 12" subwoofer. If not, anything from RE or Digital Designs will hit very nicely. OR you could get a Mach 5 IXL 18 inch sub.
Front speaker amplifier: Something that can power at least 100W RMS into 4 channels @ 4ohm.
Subwoofer amplifier: Something that can power roughly 1000W RMS into 1 channel @ 1 or 2ohm, depending on the voice coil configuration of the sub.
Headunit: I'd go for a Clarion CZ702A, bang for buck, feature packed headunit with a full 3 way cross over etc.. Else, if you want a DVD headunit, go for one of your choice and get a processor like the Audison BitTen.

It is very hard to recommend anything without a definite budget. Sit down, work out what you want to spend, then come back.

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Ah all the brands come rushing back, DIY using home audio speakers is your best value for money. You can get relatively cheap mids and tweets. 8 ohm usually but with a big enough amp it's not an issue.

If you really want sound quality go three way. But you have to build custom enclosures etc.

Don't forget to allow money for a decent amount of dynamat. Makes a huge difference. If your going for really loud I'd even look at doing to roof. But defiantly dl the boot and the inner and outer skins of the front two doors. See my build thread for dynamating these. Made a huge difference to both road noise and bass with a factory system!!!