Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

157,893 Holdens Missing

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
heres a list of models under holdens on drive.com
might help a bit.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
I'm not sure about the shuttle, wikipedia says they're rebadged Isuzu's but it's always a possibility.. wikipedia also has a nifty small list of cars you might/might not have considered:

Apollo • Belmont • Brougham • Calibra • Camira • Cruze • Drover • EH • Frontera • Gemini • Jackaroo • Kingswood • Monaro • Nova • Piazza • Premier • Sandman • Scurry • Shuttle • Special • Standard • Suburban • Sunbird • Torana • Zafira

Its guna have to be one of them - But it will need to be local pruduced. Some of the Barinas have Holden VIN's maybe thats it

Last edited:

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
There is a gap of low s/n in Feb 86 with the VL's going from 985340 to 203005 in the same month. Could have set aside 200,000 vin numbers.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
GreenVN I'm fascinated by the work you do and appreciate it, just as I bet a lot of people here do..

Is it possible to get in touch with Holdens regarding this? They might be able to help out (though I doubt it :()

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
GreenVN I'm fascinated by the work you do and appreciate it, just as I bet a lot of people here do..

Is it possible to get in touch with Holdens regarding this? They might be able to help out (though I doubt it :()

I have emailed several people but no jackpot yet - also open ended questions are too hard for them. But I will keep at them:thumbsup: Now that I have found this 157,000 car accounting hole:yeah:

The answer is to be found.;)

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
i know on ebay a few years back sum guy was selling a commodore body with the build plate Vd and piazza's were sold in australia ive seen about 3 in my life time a ******** at work has a daughter that has one cos he drove it into work

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
hehe my vn's build plate is feb 1990

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
piazza's were sold in australia ive seen about 3 in my life time a ******** at work has a daughter that has one cos he drove it into work

Well you have probably seen 3 of the 10 sold:whistling

Dont think they got a good write up in the press.