Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

17 yr old graffiti's bridge and dies.

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
meh, natural selection at its best

CapriciousWL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Caprice
The issue is not the kid dying - it's the family and friends now struggling to cope with the loss. Having known people in a similar situation (kid died doing something stupid) there is a temptation to blame everyone for the actions of a young fool.

It would be good if the artistic side of the graphitti could be exploited and also if the parents could take responsibility for raising and educating their kids from a young age.

There are always exceptions to the rule (broken families, parents who can't cope, people who are naturally stupid), but all too often in society we tend to avoid personal responsibility for our actions and the end result of them.

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
What are you talking about??? There are millions of legal places to do it. Go buy yourself any one of the million or so properties in Australia and knock your socks off. The presumption that because a wall exists that entitles people to deface it as they see fit is nothing more than disrespectful and juvenile vandalism. I don't feel sorry for him what so ever. It's right up there with a burgler copping a baseball bat in the chops - occupational hazard I say.

Reaper
yeah but does he really deserve to die for it? that's what im saying, mabey if he was tagging someones fence and got a punch in the face that would be fair

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Luke: Our taxes pay to clean up these tags on public property and structures.

doms1

Reaction score
Members Ride
BANNED
Cops don't give a #### about graffiti,I live near the southern expressway and my neighbour saw a group doing a piece during day ,called the cops 3 times only to be told that it wasn't important enough and to just deal with it???He died doing something risky and dumb so be it

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
yeah but does he really deserve to die for it? that's what im saying, mabey if he was tagging someones fence and got a punch in the face that would be fair

The guy was climbing on the outside of a bridge to spray paint some crap on there. How stupid can he be?? Deserve to die??? Probably not. Do I feel sorry for him??? Nope.

Reaper

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
clair: i know that, im not saying people should be allowed to graffiti where ever they want, i was just saying he didnt deserve to die for what he did

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
yeah i agree i hate ugly graffiti on house fences and shop fronts as i said, and like you said they need to find suitable places to do it, and thats why i said under bridges and tunnels, they seem suitable to me, there not own directly by anyone and no one will see it and its a good place for them to do it without annoying people

The only suitable places are on your own fences/walls etc or those that the owner has agreed for such a thing. Just because somebody hasn't explicitly said no doesn't make it right.

Reaper

luke23

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
The guy was climbing on the outside of a bridge to spray paint some crap on there. How stupid can he be?? Deserve to die??? Probably not. Do I feel sorry for him??? Nope.

Reaper
yes he shouldnt have been doing that and yes it was very stuiped, but just because someone does something stuiped doesnt mean they deserve to die, if he fell and broke his arm i think that would have been enough justice

jatsvl

NEEDS MORE POWER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl exec wagon
Luke: Our taxes pay to clean up these tags on public property and structures.

nail on the head!
luke, don't you think that whilst he was doing it he was scared of falling to his death? but, if he pulled it off what an awesome piece, and bragging right he would have had? at 17 he knew the risks!
and for the record his parents are telling everybody what a good boy he was and how he did nothing wrong in life, he was well respected and loved.
I still feel no sympathy.