Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

170k due what oil

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Penrite Is A Good Investment, Go The Hpr 15

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
I'd suggest, if you have been using a mineral based oil and switching to Semi or full synthetic, its better to do a flush out, where you put in a semi or full synthetic oil and use the car for a week and do an oil change. As the synthetic oil cleans the engine, there could be little particles running around the engine, which can do damage.

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
yeh ive used penrite 10w-50 from 50000km....its a gud weight...wat u mean by increased engine lag?

my car used to run like ****!
coz the dodgy mechanic i was seeing was using a no name brand of 25W-40 oil, back when i knew nothing about cars. it used to burn and my car felt sluggish all the time!

Joey_21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 HBD---mmmm LS1
so using thicker oil in my old engine be more wise or should i just stick 2 the maganatec plus i dont warm up my car in the morning so thats basically y i got the magnatec in the first place cause apparently your car doesnt need warming up LOL but who knows how true that is

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
my car used to run like ****!
coz the dodgy mechanic i was seeing was using a no name brand of 25W-40 oil, back when i knew nothing about cars. it used to burn and my car felt sluggish all the time!

ah ok i understand now haha :thumbsup:

so using thicker oil in my old engine be more wise or should i just stick 2 the maganatec plus i dont warm up my car in the morning so thats basically y i got the magnatec in the first place cause apparently your car doesnt need warming up LOL but who knows how true that is

yeh well the thicker oil is guna give u that extra protection...the hpr 10 is the same as the magnatec wen cold but wen the engine warms up it just protecting it that bit more....for ur car i would use the hpr 10 if u are a person who just jumps in ur car and starts driving, coz its guna protect a bit more at start up and then at operating temp as well.

hope that helps mate
ryan

*VOLATILE*

Monaro here i come
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim S2
So................general consensus here is that if I'm a person that starts up my car and then drive off straightaway, I'm better off going for the Pennrite HPR10 10W-50 (I've also my 160K service coming up).