Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

180sx whooops commodores

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

danpigvrv8

I own both a V8 VR BT1 and a 180sx sr20det.I brought the VR first and am regreting it as the 180sx is such a better car in all aspects.I always was a V8 fan until i went in a turbo and i had 2 buy 1 .why buy a commodore family car with crap looks , crap handling, and cheap ass interior and gas guzling V8 when u could have a 2 litre {thats faster than comm}turbo , awsome 4ws handling sleek sporty looks,sweet interior that wraps around u, alround better made car for around the same money.Ill always have a soft spot 4 V8s but do the mathss. Better car for the money. As u can see im a converted turbo fan. so any comments
\

Toa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VW J&S Supa Sport Dune Buggy
danpigvrv8 said:
I own both a V8 VR BT1 and a 180sx sr20det.I brought the VR first and am regreting it as the 180sx is such a better car in all aspects.
\
All aspects hey, fishing are we?

Because a 180sx is such a great family car isn't it? heaps of luggage/pram/shopping space and a great amount of roomy, comfortable on a long trip seating, with heaps of head and leg room in the back for three adults, or let me rephrase that, three adult dung beetles.

And those doors, who needs four of them when you can get away with two? so much easier for passengers to get in and out from, I don't know why car manufacturers even bother anymore since we have obviously found a better design.

One of my favourites is the amount of things you can tow behind it, let's see, small trailor? barely but you'd better get a new clutch on order, large tandem trailer? nope, family boat? not a chance, caravan? now let's not kid ourselves the last thing I saw being towed behind a 180sx was it's partially dismembered exhaust.

But we can't forget about occupant safety, of course a small, light weight, tin can panel two door is light years ahead, especially with all the boy racers driving them.

V8 commodores aren't designed to be a small nimble ricer, they are a family car first with plenty of comfort and room and family like abilities, not rev your ass off, bumpy riding, better watch out because if it hits anything bigger than a star picket it'll peel open like a sardine tin buzz box.

Careful where you troll.

Last edited:

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
I admit a 180sx is faster, lets compare the differences

weight, commodre wins by far

plus we dont have no turbo to help our smalle engine produce power, commodore is pure muscle.

S

SHAGGA

Get outa town with the VR V8. A 5.7 with the bolt on bits chops the 180. When you talk about a 5 litre these days, it's like talking about a 202 Kingswood. huge performance difference between the 5 and the 5.7.

D

danpigvrv8

Is that all u have
The holden commodore , just a good old family car
i agree . If u want a good family car the commodore is it.

Gdawg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 3.6 Police pack
thats right...
sure the 180 may be quick...
but plenty of fun an be had in a commo...with the advantage of the company of mates eh... how many heads can you bounce in a 180???
...n yeah... put a trailer on the 180 and any commo will eat it...

Toa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VW J&S Supa Sport Dune Buggy
danpigvrv8 said:
Is that all u have
The holden commodore , just a good old family car
i agree . If u want a good family car the commodore is it.
It's more than "just" a good old family car, the versatility leaves the sx for dead, and once you do a few mods to the engine you can safely and reliably run an easy 300 or 400 horses without any issues, if you modded your sx to the point where you had that much grunt she wouldn't be lasting for very long at all.

angelo.vs

Autobot
Reaction score
Members Ride
Honda Accord Euro Luxury
danpigvrv8 said:
why buy a commodore family car with crap looks , crap handling, and cheap ass interior and gas guzling V8 when u could have a 2 litre {thats faster than comm}turbo , awsome 4ws handling sleek sporty looks,sweet interior that wraps around u, alround better made car for around the same money.Ill always have a soft spot 4 V8s but do the mathss. Better car for the money. As u can see im a converted turbo fan. so any comments
\

ive got a HSV Senator. Its got leather seats that hug you better than the 180 seats and also provide excellent comfort. handling is quite good considering its stock and it also incorporates self levelling height, looks sporty and gets alot of looks in stock hsv trim. im pretty sure the 180 did not come with a cd stacker & electric sunroof either. the v8 might cost a bit more in terms of petrol but i can guarantee you that it will last a lot longer than a turbo 1.8 4 cyl.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
haha. And how much did you pay for your HSV Senator?? Exactly.

What the hell is all this about a big v8 lasting longer then a (4 cylinder turbo)

Ahh.. I'm gonna keep watching this thread. I'll agree the commy kicks ass in terms of passenger comfort and functionality, but thats it.

Status
Not open for further replies.