Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
I know everyone seems to have a hatred of Procomp stuff but one of the blokes at work built a 355 stroker for his Hz over a year ago, all procomp gear, pistons crank rods ect. It hasnt had a easy life its got the rev limit set about 6800 or something and nothing has broken yet, only thing to break was the old salisbury diff lol.
I think i read a street machine a few months back now comparing all the well known brands and procomp is now up there with some of the big guns in terms of quality, and has come a long way in recent years it said. After seeing the way this engine performs i wouldn't hesitate to fit a Procomp stoker kit for the right price but before i would have steered clear.

Just another budget option to look into despite what people say.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
My builder rated eagle and procomp the same. So far I have heard of 3 slapped eagle cranks and not one procomp.

However. I have had one of my procomp rockers snap on the fulcrum and had one of their coils give me nothing but troubles. So yeah, take all Internet info with a grain of salt. As I said, speak to your builder. If he is happy balancing you a procomp crank then you can have your striker for the same price as I got on my flat top rebuild.

Clayton355

Bring it on
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vnss
As they say u pay for wot u get if u wanna trust these parts in ur engine go for it but if these parts break and ruin ur engine u will be wishing u never handed over ur hard earned cash

vk383

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk383
id guess that cam is a crane.I'd also never buy anything from pro comp.

Op,why not ring Come racing and talk to issy or try pavtek.They both do kits and build engines

GreenGremlin

Reaction score
Website
www.brockcommodores.com
Members Ride
VK Calais