Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1983 VH Commodore V8 Conversion

vk.jonno

:):):)
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore, hq one tonner, hj ute,
sounds good as.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Had a productive afternoon today.

Engine Crane all set to go
VH0008.jpg

Motor out, notice the amount of space that's cleared by not having the LPG or Aircon hoses running everywhere (and the lack of motor helps)
VH0009.jpg

Motor and box on the floor. Will tear the thing down in the week to see what damage i did to it.
VH00010.jpg

Will probably order my fuel pump this week, then need to go to the wreckers and sort out a tailshaft and diff.

Stay tuned for more!!

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Havent worked on the car since the weekend. Just trying to decide a few things.

1. Engine bay. Thinking of respraying it the same green after i smooth it out a bit, but think silver would contrast with the motor alot nicer. BUT, having a different colour bay looks like it's had a half baked respray. Thoughts?

2. Motor, Should i paint the block black, and the headers in a silver colour to contrast to the motor. This wouldnt be applicable if i went for silver bay respray?

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
definately dont use a different colour for the engine bay mate, it never works out like people imagine it, keep with the green
as for the motor, what you have suggested though sounds good

can't wait to see this thing

damn i regret selling my vh sle

Panama

Reaction score
Members Ride
'87 VL Calais with L67
that interior is nice as mate!

black block and heads, silver intake and alternator and stuff looks good.

make sure you use vht engine enamel or the paint can burn off or bubble from the heat. if you want to paint the extractors there is a high temp exhaust paint that you can buy from repco that does nicely. 1200 degrees F i think its called.

keep up the good work mate this will be a good project i reckon.

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
Havent worked on the car since the weekend. Just trying to decide a few things.

1. Engine bay. Thinking of respraying it the same green after i smooth it out a bit, but think silver would contrast with the motor alot nicer. BUT, having a different colour bay looks like it's had a half baked respray. Thoughts?

2. Motor, Should i paint the block black, and the headers in a silver colour to contrast to the motor. This wouldnt be applicable if i went for silver bay respray?

nah stick with a single colour different coloured engine bays make cars look cheap IMO. black block and silver heads looks good, chrome rocker covers :)