Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

<--- 1991 Holden Vn2nV --->

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
AAMI said they would have no more correspondence with me, and that any further correspondence would be between them and my insurance company instead. Lady got shitty cause I rang twice in one day, I could do much worse :p

But im happy for them to take it up with SGIC for now.

Miss-E

VTCOM6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
God aami sucks.
I was with them for a little while. But then changed to RAA.
SGIC sounds good, i might check them out in 11 months when mines due for renewal.

At the moment im only insured for $11500 and it's $44 a month :(

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
SGIC FOR ME for the SS - AAMI for the N13 Pulsar.....

i find AAMI and SGIC to be good both in there own ways.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
SGIC FOR ME for the SS - AAMI for the N13 Pulsar.....

i find AAMI and SGIC to be good both in there own ways.

According to Mt Pleasant Crash, AAMI are great with THEIR clients, but when its a 3rd party situation where they are the OTHER persons insurance company, they are incredibly tight. Which im sure most insurance companies are the same.

AAMI is also Shannons and Just Car Insurance. All the same company, just different sectors of AAMI Insurance.

ICUBYE

Do I Smell Burnin Rubber?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais 5.0Litre '96 Series 1
1991_Vn2nV,

I hit a tree in my vs and did similar damage to my beast, RACV refused to pay out, i had comp insurance. It took them 3 months to make this decision, and i got stuck with towing and storage fees for my car which was $1800 and then $7500 for repairs and now all my doors have dropped and ever bump i go over the passenger side doors rub and make metal on metal noises.

If your getting it done by a panel beater make sure they do a good job, a mates father did mine and now none of my mates will go any where near him, and my mates have done alot of damage to there cars.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991_Vn2nV,

I hit a tree in my vs and did similar damage to my beast, RACV refused to pay out, i had comp insurance. It took them 3 months to make this decision, and i got stuck with towing and storage fees for my car which was $1800 and then $7500 for repairs and now all my doors have dropped and ever bump i go over the passenger side doors rub and make metal on metal noises.

If your getting it done by a panel beater make sure they do a good job, a mates father did mine and now none of my mates will go any where near him, and my mates have done alot of damage to there cars.

Mt Pleasant Crash are very reputable. Won the RAA Award for Best Crash Repairer for 2005 I believe.

But they'll only be doing the sill plate. Door I will do myself and guard I will get done by the person that made them originally. And back to Adelaide Special Vehicles for the sideskirt.

Miss-E

VTCOM6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
is your car drivable at the moment?
Cause I thought I saw you, but i was driving and not really sure.

Well RAA ditched me for having my kit, so I got transfered to their other department which is H2P. before that my insurance was only $33 a month and was for $16,000 with only $200 excess. I was much happier with that than $44 for $11,500 with $500 excess.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
1991_Vn2nV,

Why didn't RACV pay out?, just asking so no one else has the same trouble

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
is your car drivable at the moment?
Cause I thought I saw you, but i was driving and not really sure.

Well RAA ditched me for having my kit, so I got transfered to their other department which is H2P. before that my insurance was only $33 a month and was for $16,000 with only $200 excess. I was much happier with that than $44 for $11,500 with $500 excess.

Yeah im still driving it around, so you probably did see me :) Where abouts?

Also, I have the money to get the door and sill panel replaced but im still waiting on Insurance to atleast send out an inspector before I start fixing the car.