Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[NSW] 1993 V6 VR COMMODORE - Wollongong NSW

Dodgy_Dave

Reaction score
Members Ride
'93 VR Executive
ITEM: Holden VR Commodore Exec.
YEAR: 1993
SERIES: II (I think)
BADGE: Excecutive
ENGINE: 3.8L V6
TRANSMISSION: Auto
COLOUR: Dark Blue

MAIN POINTS:
VT SS Rims
VT SS Brake upgrade using DBA Slotted rotors and Bendix Advance pads
VR SS Sideskirts
Pedders Lowered Springs
2 1/2" catback sports exhaust
Rhino Immoboliser / Alarm / central locking
Power Windows
Boss Kit and aftermarket SAAS steering wheel
Dark window tint
JVC / Kenwood stereo
Gates Racing Multi accessory belt
Transmission cooler 'to suit V8'
NGK Iridium plugs with new Bosch leads
modified airbox duct (home made CAI)
Well maintained

BOX 'o SPARE'S:
New shocks
Upper and lower trailing arm's with new bush's
Intake manifold w/ Injectors etc
V6 Heads, I planned on having them modified, never got around to it.
various other nik naks

BAD POINTS:
Exterior paint
Odometer stopped working
roof lining sagging
standard shocks
squeek near ashtray that sends me bonkers.

REASON FOR SALE:
I have bought a 4wd and need it gone

EXTERIOR CONDITION: Is the main downfall of this car. It is good from far but far from good. I have restored it the best I can using polish's but upclose the paint work is ****. Would look great re-sprayed.

INTERIOR CONDITION: General condition of interior of car - Very good considering age, No tears in seats, The previous owner always had seat covers over them, I have steam cleaned the seats and carpet a few months ago. And fit throw over seat covers, Carpet has a few stains but nothing too major to worry about, No cracks in the dash or missing buttons etc.

The only bad things I can think of is typical roof lining sag, there's an annoying squeek near the ashtray, the headlight switch surround kinda moves around this does not affect the switch or makes it loose whatsoever, again nothing to worry about common problem.

Last year the passanger side power window stuffed up, I replaced it with a 2nd hand unit and worked fine. Then one night the drivers side window came off it's runner's and damaged the window tint, I replaced the window reg. But now the passanger side is stuffed again, I pulled the door trim off to inspect it to find the arms bent. I CBF fixing it again and put the door panel back on.

I guess the only thing considered major is the Odometer, It stopped working about 6 months ago, I have done no more than 8000km since it stopping at about 236,000km. I have since learnt that it is another common problem easily repaired, I just don't have the time.

TYRE CONDITION: Good condition, Rotated every 10,000 for even wear, Pressure's checked every fortnight (fuel efficiency)

ODOMETER: Stopped at ~236,000 Actually has travelled approx 245 Speedo/guage's still work fine.

SERVICE HISTORY: When I bought the car last year I had given it a comprehensive service and knowing how thirsty these car's are I set out to maximise fuel efficiency and reliability.

All fluids, filters, belts and hose's in the car have been replaced.
Fluids - Brake, power steering, coolant, transmission, engine and diff oils
Filters- Oil, air, fuel, transmission

Because I added a tow bar and intended on using it often to tow a boat and another car, I installed a large transmission cooler and added Lucas transmission treatment which rejuvinated seals and prolongs the transmissions life. It sure made shifting much better. This was done after the Trans filter and oil were replaced. But I only ended up towing my little tinny, I used a mate's 4wd to tow my other car.

As we all know the standard brakes are kinda scary, And because of the tow bar I upgraded them with a VT setup using DBA Rotors and Bendix Advance pads. Brake booster was modified by a fellow forum member to suit.

I've even gone to the effort of replacing the power steering fluid.

REGO OF CAR: NSW JP.528
REGO TILL: 19/4/2010
PLATES INCLUDED: of course

PRICE: I'm not going to put it up for $3000 so you can haggle off $500 or complain that I'm asking for too much so $OLD..

DELIVERY/PICK UP INFORMATION: Pick it up if your strong enough

PAYMENT OPTIONS: COD, Direct Deposit,

CONTACT DETAILS: I try to get on here when I can, But I may not be able to reply to posts or pm's. I have been as honest as possible (despite my username) so if your serious about buying it you will call me to arrange an inspection. 0422 149 497

OTHER INFO: Mechanically perfect, never missed a beat. It is a reliable, honest semi decent looking car with alarm, stereo, SS rims and plenty of rego.

PICTURES:
http://img139.imageshack.us/i/img0006i.jpg
http://img154.imageshack.us/i/img0005s.jpg
http://img504.imageshack.us/i/img0007v.jpg

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Last edited:

Dodgy_Dave

Reaction score
Members Ride
'93 VR Executive
Reaonable offers are considered.

Dodgy_Dave