Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2.25 Inch catback exhaust system

JulienR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Sv6 MFY17
Hey guys just curious will installing 2.25 inch catback exhaust system from xforce onto a VF SV6 be necessary with a VCM OTR install?

Last edited:
H

harrop.senator

I'm not sure who coffee are apart from the geo mechanical company and I know they don't make exhausts as I've worked for them haha.

The stock sv6 exhaust is 2.25 so apart from not change fitting another one I don't think will make a big difference.

JulienR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Sv6 MFY17
Haha autocorrect meant xforce I’ll stick with the stock system cheers

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Haha autocorrect meant xforce I’ll stick with the stock system cheers
Good choice, I don't imagine an XForce on a V6 will sound real good.

H

harrop.senator

I don't find an xforce sound good on much. If want some more noise replace the rear mufflers with a chamber maybe? They're not as great for every last hp but they've made some bad engines sound good , or an s bend glass packed .

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I don't find an xforce sound good on much.
Most of the raspy (awful) sounding V8's I've heard when asking what system they've got tend to be Xforce.

If want some more noise replace the rear mufflers with a chamber maybe? They're not as great for every last hp but they've made some bad engines sound good
I wonder if it'd make a Mustang sound good? Not sure what it is with Coyote engine Mustang's, but every one I've heard with a performance exhaust sound dreadful for some reason?

H

harrop.senator

Most of the raspy (awful) sounding V8's I've heard when asking what system they've got tend to be Xforce.

I wonder if it'd make a Mustang sound good? Not sure what it is with Coyote engine Mustang's, but every one I've heard with a performance exhaust sound dreadful for some reason?

They almost always do have a X pipes! Haha.

I've got a couple cherry bomb pro 2 chambers to fit on my 3800. 3800's usually have a good idle and sound disgusting on throttle. Or you can't hear them.

I've always preferred option 2 to option 1. But fitted a one chamber dual in/out in the rear of the exes and was quite nice for a V6.

I've found when they're on there own they get some rasp but if add them to a system with a resonator between the two of them it cancels out a lot of the bad noises hahah.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover

Best system I have ever heard on the new Mustangs is a twin 3" MagnaFlow. Fitted a couple and they are really deep on idle but sound awesome under acceleration.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Best system I have ever heard on the new Mustangs is a twin 3" MagnaFlow. Fitted a couple and they are really deep on idle but sound awesome under acceleration.
I have Magna on the 6L ute. Sounds good from outside, sounds good at idle but at 1600-1800 thereabouts it drones pretty bad in the cab. But, meh, first world problems....

H

harrop.senator

I have Magna on the 6L ute. Sounds good from outside, sounds good at idle but at 1600-1800 thereabouts it drones pretty bad in the cab. But, meh, first world problems....

Its cammed as , manual and you complain about low throttle fueling. It may just be the fact that a set up like that isn't designed to be accelerated from 1500 rpm in anything but first lol. I don't think I've ever known what a manual sounds like at those rpm haha.