Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2.5 inch catback exhaust with rear muffler VS

Lazanya

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Berlina
i just recently installed a 2.5inch redback exhaust with a rear muffler.. i started it up but it just wasnt the sound i hoped for, was not loud enough. How would i go about removing the rear muffler ? i dont know if i should add a hotdog or leave it straight through..

cheeers

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
If you make it a straight pipe or even just a hotdog all you will hear is drone at around 150db......which nobody wants to hear, and if I hear it I will come and torch your car to save all humanity (jks)

I have done it before as an experiment, it lasted on the car for 5 minutes as you could hear it from 10 blocks away it was ridiculous.

DON'T do it, its illegal, stupidly loud and everyone will think your a wanker.

A 2.5" with a single muffler (no res) is more than loud enough, if you take that away sure it will be loud as all hell but there will be no substance anymore.....just a loud drone that sounds like your ass after a 4 course indian dinner

Lazanya

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Berlina
this is the photo of my current exhaust,

i was thinking of removing the rear resi (sorry i got confused)

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Give it a couple of weeks and it will get louder. The glass packing inside the mufflers will loosen up a bit. If it's still not loud enough, remove the front muffler if it's an auto as it will drone a lot less.

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
Agree with NAAF.... wait it out and you might learn to like it...

Mine has 2 mufflers and isn't that loud on idle, but when I give it a thrash its loud enough...

cattz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
I took my 2.5 system off. It has got a front muffler & resonator and after sitting on the freeway for ages, it gave me the sh@#s.
Maybe i'm too old now but no drone at all.
Ahhhhh nice and quiet.

Paul13pp

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT Exec Wagon
My VS 'Wagon' has a Redback system with only one muffler near the gearbox. This is the way it came from new.

It is quite loud when you get up it, and louder even at idle than standard systems with the resonator at the back, but has no drone as others have mentioned.