Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2 and 3 bar tune $58 on 808 ecu

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6 commodore executive
so now begins further testing I need to find out what pins if any are outputting the pulses to the wastegate and signal too cooling fan and signal to intercooler sprayer make sure TCC wiring is still ok then i need a vr manual ecu so i can get the high speed aldl going man does the aldl show some data even actual spark advance ,BPW ,injector duty cycle,target A/F ratio,actual A/F ratio ,boost pressure,and then all the normal values as well temp and intake temp and so on .and then the other day i found out you can make the fast baud aldl even faster and get it fast enough to show and A/F ratio graph off the wideband similar to that shown on a dyno sheet at very small time intervals looked real cool

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
well thanks to skwayb over on thirdgen i now have updated and more defined xdf's one for $58 2bar and one for $58 3bar and a new ads file for tunerproRT so here yous go .no testing of late been busy .with the bin posted above most should be able to sort it anyway.

Attachments

• 2007107165437_58_2Bar_1.3.xdf.zip
    28.7 KB · Views: 185
  • 200710716576_58_3Bar_1.3.xdf.zip
    28.7 KB · Views: 167
  • 200710716490_58_2&3Bar_1.1.ads.zip
    7.9 KB · Views: 174

wake77

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore 5.7L
spanners, i have been running the $5d code on a turboed application for about a year now and it hasn't worked to bad. but running this $58 would be better i would like to be able to control the wastegate with the software.
did you have to change the wirring for the IAC to work when you put the $58 in or was it a software issue causing it to not run at first.
i really should get a testbench myself.

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
havnt been on for a while got no phone at the moment so no net there is no need to rewire the iac it goes as is it was the fact that the timing was locked due to incorrect settings for the coilpack type ignition but its all go now i changed it .i havnt done any more testing so dont know if theres a wastegate pin availiable yet

wake77

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore 5.7L
thanks for the reply.
next question did you get any aldl working from the $58 software i have a vr manual computer but i can't get a connection.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
any updates on this. looking around for a bin that could run on mine, im guessing i can just use any of them and adjust the VE and spark tables to match my old tune, and change kinjflow to suit? dont wanna burn a tune and do damage to something

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
also, i noticed the VE maps only go up to 4000rpm, where as the $5D tune goes up to 7200. is that a problem?

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
hey I just went over too Code59.org - Boosted Code I hadnt been there for a while they are the guys i had said about in this thread that had patched the $58 for wideband and stuff and calling it code $59 well its now all been modified into an awesome tune now they have gotten rid of the 3 VE tables setup and gone to one ve table covering all rev and boost ranges upto 3bar or 30psi you should check it out it will run just like the $58 does this was on the front page of there forum has full wideband closed loop sounds cool and awesome for turbo and not just anologue out of the wideband controller simulating a narrow band but full 0-5 volts output going to ecu

58/59 is way different than 8d. Make sure you that have the latest XDF and ADS files for Code59 to be used in Tunerpro along with Autotune 1.5 for helping you tune your F29x VE fuel table.

In 59 the main fuel table you use to tune with is F29x. This is for idle (closed throttle), driving and boost up to 30 PSI (300kpa). All the other VE tables are legacy tables and turned off in 59 by default. You can turn them back on if you need to.

F29_AFR - Fuel table based on AFR for when you have the Flag set to run Wideband Closed Loop. Once you go into PE mode you drop out of this table at this time and run the values of the F29x table.

F30 and F29 are the old leagcy VE fuel tables. Final VE in 58 is F30+F29. F29 only went from Vaccum to 0 PSI and only 4K RPMs. So we made it so you can turn these tables off with a Flag. By default 99% of the 59 bins have these 2 tables off.

F29c in 58 is your closed throttle idle table. Most people never used this so they had poor idle to throttle transitions. So we made it possible to turn this off. In 59 it is off by default. If you run into a problem tuning the F29x table where closed throttle idle and cruise hit the same cells and you are fighting with it, you can turn this table back on and adjust it.

Ok the main tables to play with in 59 are:
F28 - Closest 58/59 has to an Injector Constant. Bascially it is our Injector Constant Adjust all values in all cells in the table to be the same value. This a golbal fule change.
F29x - This replaces F30, F29 and F29c. This is your Main fuel table. It goes from Vaccum up to 30 PSI. Max VE is 100 for any cell in this table, if you run out you will want to adjust F77x in the kPa range you ran out to give you more room to adjust
F29AFR - AFR based fuel tabel for Closed Loop. Only Vaccumn - 100kpa work, once you go into PE Mode you drop out of this table if you are in closed loop and go Open Loop.
F1 - Spark Table
F77x - Boost Multipler. If you run out of VE in the F29x table you adjust the multipler for the kPa where you ran out of room to give you more VE room. Think of F77x as a big adjustment and F29x as the fine tuning.

If you have the ECM controlling boost then
F70_MPH - How much boost you want to run in PSI
F71_MPH - How much wastegate DC you need to get the PSI you want to run. - Only valid if you are using the ECM to control a boost solenoid.

Next get your Wideband wired up with the WBlinear+ out wired into the F14 pin on the ECM and make sure to program your innovative to use the formula of AFR = Volts*2+10. If you like you can program the NBo2 output on your innovative and wire that into the NB inputs on the ECM so that will still show up in your logs. Some people run both the Normal NBo2 and a Wideband so they can use the NBo2 as a sanity check. If your WB says 12 AFR and the NB says 100 mv then there is more than likily something wrong.

Now the best thing to do is get a BASE BIN closest to your injector size as a good starting point. WyoSyclone has a 40lb bin that would be a great start for you. Adjust the F28 table until you get your idle in the 14.7 range as a start (your engine might need more AFR to idle good depending on cam, heads, etc.) Once you get this set make sure all the cells in this table are the same value and forget about it. Check the Wideband Flags and make sure only the Innovative one is checked.

Make sure you have the Closed Loop temp set to 151 C so it will never go into closed loop. The reason for this is once you go into boost you go into PE Mode, 58/59 automatically drops out of Closed Loop and goes Open loop. It will run the VE Values in the F29x table raw without adjustment from the F29_AFR table. So you want to get the the F29x table dialed in.

So after you have it idling at 14.7 by adjusting the F28 table, have Tunerpro record a log. Take it for a spin and be ginger with it just to see how it runs. Export the log to a CSV file. Now open Autotune. Copy your F29x VE table from you bin into the section of autotune that says Pasted from Tunerpro. Also there is anothwr section below that that you can copy your F29_AFR table into it. This table is crucial as the F29_AFR is what will be used by the Autotune spreadsheet to calculate your new VE numbers for the F29x table. So make sure the F29_AFR table in Autotune is setup for the AFR you want to run. You can also put this in your chip so they both match (even thought it isn't used right now when above 100kPa).

Next open your log csv file, click on the RAW DATA tab in the Autotune spreadsheet in Excel. Paste the entire log file in here. Go back to the VE Information tab where you pasted the F29x VE table, adjust the VE amount per 1 AFR. How many samples you want to take before you make an adjustment, etc and any other conditions you want it to use to calculate your new VE. It will now calculate your new VE values for F29x. Now copy the Calculated section in Autotune (below where you pasted your original F29x table from your Bin) and paste it back into your F29x table in Tunerpro. (If you get stuck, Autotune has instructions in it on how to use it)

Make sure you upload it back to your Autoprom/Ostrich. You now have adjusted the fueling to match your vehicle. You will want to do this many times. Each time you do it will get better. After you have done this a bunch of times, look at the VE graph of F29x in Tunerpro. You will see many hills and valleys. You will want to smooth those out some manually and continue to do some Autotunes. Make sure you encounter many different driving conditions so you hit different cells in the F29x table under differnet conditions (uphill, uphill under load, cruise, accelkerating, decel, etc.) Those will help get your table defined. Once you get it running how you like you can then start Playing with the F1 table and work on the timing. You will see as you play with timing your fueling will change, so make sure you only adjust Fuel or Spark, not both at the same time. If you add some timing you might need to add some fuel to that section you added timing to.

This should get your started. It is by no means everything you will play with. There are a lot more things you may need to adjust down the road like Quasi Fueling, DFCO cutoff, AE, PE, Fan/Intercooler Pump Settings (Same thing the ecm will either control a FAN or an intercooler pump. Sunbird had a Fan and SyTys had an Intercooler pump so they are the same thing.)

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
it originally ran on 1227749 ecu but it runs on 165 and 808 and the vr manual ecu.and it does work without a wideband still has narrowband closed loop .