Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2 channel amp 2 different subs?

benny105

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2
I have a bridged 2 channel amp running a 12 inch clarion sub off one channel, could i use the other channel and get another different sub or would it have to be the exact same sub to keep the power distribution the same?

thanks

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
If the amp is bridged than it only has one channel. And don't mix subs, keep them the same.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina

benny105

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S2
sorry meant 4 channel amp bridged down to 2 channels,

the one 12" may not be enough, so if i was to upgrade could i get a differbnt brand sub running of the other channel or would it have to be the same? with same power etc.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Like I said, don't mix different brand/model subs, will sound bad. And I would have to know what model amp and what model subs they are, to work out if the impedance is right.

Locksmiff

Reaction score
There are 2 threads going by you on this subject.................what is your intended end result your trying to achieve.
sorry meant 4 channel amp bridged down to 2 channels,

the one 12" may not be enough, so if i was to upgrade could i get a differbnt brand sub running of the other channel or would it have to be the same? with same power etc.
I see you mention MAY NOT be enough. I take it you haven't tested the setup yet to see if it is enough. It will surprise you.

It is getting confusing having the 2 threads, what exactly do you have, the Clarion Amp and the Clarion 10" sub in the other thread and this is what this thread is reffering to or you also have another amp with a 12 inch sub.