Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2000 vs ute

big m

FIGJAM
Reaction score
Members Ride
vslll v6 2000 olympic series ute, 1997 pajero 3.5l
i have a vs ute 2000 model v6 every morning i start it it is a bit rough and i push the throttle down and it hesitates misses and sometimes backfires realy bad until it is warm ive tried googling it binging it ive got a gregorys ive read it 3 or 4 times but no closer of knowing what it is it has new plugs and a new fuel filter and i have just given it a full service including cleaning 02 sensors and the air flow sensor and cleaning throttle body

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Maybe try replacing the coolant temp sensor - it's the one that tells the ECU/PCM the engine is cold or warm.....if it fails the ECU/PCM will not know the engine is cold and fail to enrich the fuel mixture.
For a better explanation see this link:
AUTO REPAIR HELP - COOLANT TEMPERATURE SENSOR

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
Tried the coil pack or fuel pump ?

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
Spark plugs gapped correctly?

big m

FIGJAM
Reaction score
Members Ride
ok it has new plugs and fuel pump new filter i have just replaced the water pump and thermostat today as it packed it in yesterday

and to hako thanks for that it does make alot of sense ill get some prices and see what im looking at and i might get one on the wekend i will keep you all posted thanks alot cheers

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Acclaim & 1992 Holden Barina
I am sure cleaning the 02 sensors will do nothing. If they are they old then it would be better to replace them...

big m

FIGJAM
Reaction score
Members Ride
very true james but i would rather give it a go cleaning them then fork out $120 each i had an operation just over a month ago and dont have much money coming in at the moment lol so i thourght its not going to hurt them but i did some more research and yea the coolent temp sensor seems to be the culprit and they are only aboput $25