Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2002 VU Ute - wheel specs

Seb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Series II
Not sure if I'm posting in the right place here, forgive me I'm new.

I own a 2002 VU series II ute, and am looking to buy a set of wheels online. Pre owned or new it doesnt matter.

My question is what are the specifics on how big I can go? Also all the dimensions like stud pattern, width of wheel and tyre and so on?

I'm pretty much out of my depth with this stuff, so you guys might have to dumb it down for me. Im trying to save myself some cash by doing it myself and not just going into bobjane or beaurepairs and spending a crap load.

thanks.

MRNICK

LS1 LOVE
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenowners.com
Members Ride
VYII SS UTE
Inside the drivers door (chassis - not the door itself), there should be what is called a placard.

The placard gives the tyre sizes which are the safest to run (with regards to weight/speed rating etc).

The common consensus amongst us Commodore members is that two-inches is the biggest you can go with regards to wheel size - so basically that means if your VU came out with 17 inch wheels from the factory. 19 inch is the biggest allowable rim you can fit to that car without needing to calibrate the speedo.

If your VU came with the owners manual - this information should be printed in that.

Hope this helps a little.

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
The biggest problem with being a ute is the load rating on tires for bigger wheels.. My wife's cousin has a vu ute and runs 20x8.5 rims with 245-30-20 tires.

Seb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Series II
Ok thanks mate, info has put me in the right direction, cheers!

IRON8

Let It Rip
Reaction score
Members Ride
'VTank SS , VG/VR Ute
Yeah for VT-VZ 20x8.5 (245/30/20) for front and rear or 20x9.5 (265/30/20) for the rears is as big as you wanna go, but a little advice, if its a daily driver best go 19s, 245/35/19 all round or staggered 9.5" rear 265/35/19.. cant remember offsets off top of my head

Seb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Series II
So would you guys recomend going to a tyre and wheel place.

Or buying online or something and fitting them myself. Does it involve more than just jacking the car up and switching sets?

Seb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Series II
No. Stock height.

Eventually it will be though

Seb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Series II
So what do you guys think?